W4NKER

Reaction score
Scouring through the FM forums for a new challenge to freshen up FM13 and I came across the Big Club/Small Nation challenge on the SI forums..

[FM13] Big Club, Small Country - Challenge

The rules of this challenge are simple; completing it is not.

Simply put the nationality of your manager has an input on the nationality of regens. So if you are Andorran the more regens of Andorran nationality will appear at your club and so on.

The challenge here is to win the World Cup with your chosen small nation using your big club as a vehicle to drive the nation forward.

Good luck!

I'm going to begin with Palestine and use Porto as my club

Last edited:
I didn't knew that the nationality of the manager influence the nationality of the regens. If it does, is it in the club or in the game in general?

I didn't knew that the nationality of the manager influence the nationality of the regens. If it does, is it in the club or in the game in general?
Not sure about other clubs, I'll do a search after the first regen date... but it definitely increases on your own squad. Had a few French players on a Man Utd save playing as Eric Cantona and Germans on an Ajax save when I accidentally added myself as a German

does this work if you put say like germany as your nationalty then like have holland as your second and if you went say chelsea you would get german and dutch regens threw the youth academy ?

I'm gonna take this up.

Starting with Rangers and San Marino

Rangers and San Marino, 2012/13 Season

Rangers
The Squad. Barrie McKay played more of an upfront role until Tamagnini came in, but more about the Sammarinese striker later. Other than that, the 4-2-2-2 formation did us proud for the season.

Transfers. Despite being under a transfer embargo, we still managed to bring in a couple of frees and a loan deal. Matteo Vitaioli turned out to be a stroke of genius, scoring 27 goals as the Sammarinese frontman took his chances after a free transfer.

League. As expected, we ran away with the league this year, breaking the points record in the process. Two one-goal losses marred the potential of an Invincibles season, but winning the league in March is always a good feeling.
Scottish League Challenge Cup. We failed miserably, going out in the first round.
Scottish League Cup. We fared slightly better, but still exited the competition earlier than expected.
Scottish Cup. We got to the Quarters before being hammered by Celtic, which was to be expected to be perfectly honest.

Class of '13
The main man of this season's intake was none other than a Sammarinese striker! Michael Tamagnini is already a 5-star rating for the international squad, and with a four-and-a-half potential rating for the club, could become an important player for both club and country. Being dual nationality, I made sure to cap him for San Marino ASAP.
Unfortunately, the only other man who stood out from the intake was David Kidd, who still looks like a solid midfielder.

San Marino
Results. As expected, we got destroyed. But I still have my job, and on the plus side we did score some goals in our group this year. You know you manage San Marino when you celebrate losing 'just' 4-1 to England, and are overjoyed at the fact you scored.​

Excellent stuff Danny. I am going to return to the full version of this. Tried it on FMC but not enough regens coming through for it to be sustainable long term

Thinking of starting this with Tahiti as the nation, not really sure which club to use yet though. Never normally start with big clubs so it will be something different in that sense. Does anyone know how often players of the manager's nationality will actually come through your academy? Is it likely that you will get an average of one a year or not?

Thinking of starting this with Tahiti as the nation, not really sure which club to use yet though. Never normally start with big clubs so it will be something different in that sense. Does anyone know how often players of the manager's nationality will actually come through your academy? Is it likely that you will get an average of one a year or not?
Have a look at this thread on SI, should give you an insight into how it works

[FM13] Big Club, Small Country - Challenge

Think I'll do this with Tahiti and perhaps Ajax as my big club or maybe Inter...

I've been trying this with Celtic and Faroe Islands but after two seasons I still haven't got a Faroese player through the youth ranks :'(

I am part Irish so i am doing this as Dortmund and Ireland but i am doing the Global Free Agent Challenge as well 2 seasons in and in both i have managed a Treble and only 1 Irish player come through my youth ranks and he is not good enough to play for me but i have kept him and i am signing more Irish staff now to try increase my chances of getting Irish players