Big inconsistencies within my tactic.

Fragnat

Reaction score
View attachment 208030
Ive went through about 2 seasons with this tactic. I won the 1st one in a quite close race and then 2nd I could not even break top 3. Its possession based and the idea is for the AML and ST be the main scorers with AMR being the main assist machine. One game I win vs barca 4-0 but then next game Ill lose vs sunderland 2-0. Its not even that there are running problems, rather its just on or off results.

Ive tried changing mentalities for different games as well as changing CM roles to DLP and BBMs. Is there anything that jumps out to you guys as completely wrong? I dont have any player instructions by the way, they are just default.

View attachment 989262
Is there anything that jumps out to you guys as completely wrong? I dont have any player instructions by the way, they are just default.
The massive amount of TIs. Very short passing, very slow and all passes to the feet of their teammate. How will that unlock a defensive team?

The massive amount of TIs. Very short passing, very slow and all passes to the feet of their teammate. How will that unlock a defensive team?

What kind of changes would you make? Different types of crossing? Passing into space?

What kind of changes would you make? Different types of crossing? Passing into space?
So you agree that it's slow and short with no passes into space? You're also not encouraging crosses, so different types won't matter too much. Do you have any thoughts on what I said?

So you agree that it's slow and short with no passes into space? You're also not encouraging crosses, so different types won't matter too much. Do you have any thoughts on what I said?

I def cant seem to penetrate when other team sits deep, in the game vs sunderland I had 65% possession and 1 CCC. What kind of TIs or removal of the TIs would increase chance creation?

I def cant seem to penetrate when other team sits deep, in the game vs sunderland I had 65% possession and 1 CCC. What kind of TIs or removal of the TIs would increase chance creation?
Depends how you want to create chances.

You're lowering the tempo with Retain Possession and Lower Tempo.

You're shortening on passes with Retain Possession and Shorter Passing.

You're reducing through balls with Retain Possession.

You're reducing long shots and crosses with Work Ball Into Box.

The combination of that sees you now being very slow and passing to feet mostly and mostly with short passes. Can you see how that's dead easy to defend against if you're setting out to park the bus?

Depends how you want to create chances.

You're lowering the tempo with Retain Possession and Lower Tempo.

You're shortening on passes with Retain Possession and Shorter Passing.

You're reducing through balls with Retain Possession.

You're reducing long shots and crosses with Work Ball Into Box.

The combination of that sees you now being very slow and passing to feet mostly and mostly with short passes. Can you see how that's dead easy to defend against if you're setting out to park the bus?

Ok that makes sense, I think Ill start by putting the tempo to normal and if that wont be sufficient remove shorter passing. Thanks