Athe~

Reaction score
I've never had any really good crossers, so I didn't try this, but I'm feeling tempted to play a formation with a tall big man up front and a couple wingers/wms making it rain in the box. I have a few in mind but I'm not sure if it's a viable strategy. Any thoughts?

Oh I'm trying it alright, but I don't want to find out it's **** when I'm midway through a season :p

I don't see why 4-2-3-1 wouldn't work, just get an Andy Carroll or Oscar Cardozo-esque centre forward, some nippy wingers who have good crossing and creativity, and give it a shot.

I do it with Jelavic when my strikers are tired play up on his own work well accept you never have enough people in the box

keep it raining. been working for me with llorente before, just make sure u have players coming into the box from behind to pick up the leftovers

I don't see why 4-2-3-1 wouldn't work, just get an Andy Carroll or Oscar Cardozo-esque centre forward, some nippy wingers who have good crossing and creativity, and give it a shot.

best way to have a 4231 because you can have your two holding midfieldiers allowing your wingers to push forward 24/7 and make them cross it early

Of course it works. Template for a whole host of lower league teams.

The TGT man needs to be good (one of the best in your team) to operate on his own and I find having an inside fwd on either side helps as well. Wingers & just crossing too 1 dimensional for a lone striker. If he doesn't pull off the first shot/header there is no one to assist if the suppliers are out wide on the byline. Inside fwds will be charging at the goal so knock downs are more effective.

ive done it with leeds with bechhio up front alone worked well i found it was best to still have someone play the trequatista role behind him gets you goals galore

At least put an attacking mid or tras behind him to get the loose ball...