FreakDJ

Reaction score
I am currently playing as a small club in England, and focusing on youth players. 2 years ago I had a top class player come through the youth system( Currently getting Caps for England U-19). He stayed his first year at the club with no problem, playing well against all other teams. The next year, he said he wants a move to a bigger club because he feels the club isn't going anywhere after promotion. I told him we would get a promotion, and we did, but again he said he wants a big club move, and again I promised promotion. I am on my way to promotion, being 20 points clear at the top with a few games to go. How can I get him to stop asking? Also, is there a way I can keep his wages low? Every year he wants an improved deal to stay at the club. Everyone at the club is on max 500p/w but he is almost at 3k, which is a lot compared to everyone else. Can I slow down his increase increments in wage demands?

I don't know what league you play at but if is to lower you can't stop him to go, unfortunatelly. All you can do is sell him as high as you can because at the end of his contract he might not want to sign another one with your club. He will go for free to another one. If you keep increase his revenue other players will might ask the same thing and it can distrupt the financial situacion of the club. So try to get as much income from selling him and find a replace for him.

P.S. I suggest also to put some info about the club you are managing and the league your club is.

I'm doing a Youth Challenge with Darlington( A Semi-Pro Team). Its year 2015 and I'm in the Northern Premier League, about to be promoted into the BSB N/S. We have been promoted from the lowest division in England back to back to back, so we are growing and continuing to grow. The player, however, will renew his contract with the club, he just wants high demands (that the club may suffer from) and for the club to grow big or for him to move to a BPL or championship team. The player would like to stay here though, I am in his favored personal, and he is a Darlington Supporter and is happy to be playing at the club but his future plans are to move to a big team.

Then try to extend his contract (with his financial demands) as long as you can (4-5 years). Also will be good to promote to the BPL or Championship in this years to lower his desire to move. After he sign a new contract don't increase hid wages even if he ask for it. It might make him unhapy but he will pass this. Keep playng him (give team status, if is not given "key player") and don't forget to prise him after a few good games. You must know it's important to keep the finances of the club in line (even more crucial to a team like yours)so you can sign/buy players and to not be forced to rely on youths from the club (i don't think you have a good youth system at your team).

If it comes to it, See if you can offload some players to subsidize the wages he wants. A lot of the youth will be on small "youth contract" fees so you could try releasing them. Playing him regularly and setting him to Key Player will also help but the key thing is to nail down a long contract. Be sure not to pay him huge bonuses though, it may seem tempting but if he achives them, you could risk the clubs finances. Or, If you can realistically survive without him, loan him out for a season and try get a decent Loan fee to cover the contract you'll be offering him. All suggestions to try keep him there.

Thanks for all the suggestions, but his wages are over the max limit that the board lets me for a Key Player, and I asked for higher allowance but they declined. What should I do? Continue to ask for higher in hopes or wait it out and see if my player will take a lower wage in the future when we get promoted?

Just how talented is this player? If he's future premiership quality then you have to sell.
Breaking Darlington's back over one player's contract is madness, with that cash you could add a lot more depth to you current crop of players which will help long term if you gain another promotion.
IMHO sell sell sell, but only if the offer is right.

The player that is unhappy and wants to move is a 180 PA (from FM Scout), and this years intake got me an 191 PA and has the PA to become as good as Luis Suarez, and I fear the same problem, but the contract issue has subsided, as the player got injured and doesn't request a contract right now, so that gives me some time.

I'm in the Blue Square Bet North, working my way up, and feel they are an important part of the club being 19 and 17 year olds.

its only a matter of time before they force their way out if they really want to leave. start planning on a replacement for the future and try to get as much money as you can for him. dont let him become a disruption for your squad

maybe it will make you smile in the end like this story-
i had my best player leave before last season started. i told him i would get us promoted but he didnt care. i was in league 1 and the team he ended up choosing was in the championship. at the end of the season, i got promoted to the championship and the team he plays for got relegated. now hes trying to force his way out of there too.

Things are getting better now, I am going up again it seems, but its still early, but he isn't asking anymore, now he is just complaining about workload.

Does anyone have tips on getting a good coaching staff for small clubs? And also, is there a way to get my board to allow me to have more coaches + become a professional team instead of semi-professional so i can offer full time contracts?