Big Ron Manager.

Morris

Reaction score
This is a new show coming on Skyone soon, dunno If anybody has heard much about it. It looks quiet interesting so I thought I would post it. Take a look and see what you think.

Starts 22nd August 10pm. Languishing in Football League Two, Peterborough United has long been in need of a bit of luck, and a good run of form. They exist on the knife-edge of bankruptcy, and struggle to attract more than 5,000 fans to their London Road stadium.

Last season things started to look up for the Posh. A play-off place was in sight, there was the chance of a trip to Cardiff, and the lucrative opportunity of promotion to Coca-Cola League One. But with a rookie caretaker manager at the helm, Sky One decided to send them a bit of help.

Enter Ron Atkinson.

There is little the former Manchester United, Coventry City, West Bromwich Albion, Sheffield Wednesday and Aston Villa manager doesn’t know about football after three decades in the game, and he is willing to share his know-how with anybody willing to listen, as he attempts to guide this struggling side through the trials and tribulations of the remaining three months of the season. Big Ron will live and breathe Peterborough United, in a bid to help them land that elusive play-off place. He will patrol the boardroom, corridors and dressing rooms of the club to try and suggest ways of helping turn them into an upwardly mobile League One outfit.

With unprecedented access to the club and its staff – on and off the field – this series will be a unique view of what it’s really like to pilot a professional team around the lower leagues in the modern football era of overpaid, oversexed and over-hyped Premier League superstars.

seen a pic of the perterbrough dressing room whilst they were having a fight, so i think it should be quite interesting

I've just seen the odd minute or two every now and then whilst waiting for other programs to start or come back from the adverts :D