Big Tactic Pack - 52 Uploaded Tactics by The Better Half.

Okay so I have started a new Man United save using the wide 4-4-2, so far I am really enjoying it. The tactic is solid in defense and attack. Another thing I like about it is the realism, there are no ridiculous 5-0 and 6-0 scores constantly and also a normal amount of goals from set-pieces. I have the 4-4-2 loaded up in Match Prep as well as the 4-1-2-2-1 and 4-4-1-1 formations, the latter being defensive options. I have played 12 games, won 8, drawn 3 and lost 1. Again, for me, this is very similar to the results of a team in real life. My first-choice line-up is:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

When Hernandez plays, I use him as the QP and then Rooney as the DCCF. Also, Carrick is my backup Creative MC and Hargreaves/Gibson my backup Direct Playing MC. I am not sure which midfield role I should assign to Anderson, any suggestions?

These are my fixtures so far:

As you can see, just one high-scoring game against Sunderland. I used the 4-1-2-2-1 tactic against Real Madrid and Dag & Red (with my 2nd-choice team).

Any suggestions or recommendations regarding the formations or the forward roles that I am using, or just anything in general, is welcome :)

TheBetterHalf, this tactic set is very good, really loving it. Thanks for all the effort put in!

Edit: I have one more question, using the setup that I am, do you think I will win the EPL or come close atleast? And if not, what should I change?

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

This was my last result:

This was with Rooney, Valencia and Van Der Sar out injured.

---------- Post added 01/09/2011 at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was 30/08/2011 at 12:36 PM ----------

And my last result against R.Madrid :D

They did rest Ronaldo, Di Maria and Higuain though.

Last edited:
Okay so I have started a new Man United save using the wide 4-4-2, so far I am really enjoying it. The tactic is solid in defense and attack. Another thing I like about it is the realism, there are no ridiculous 5-0 and 6-0 scores constantly and also a normal amount of goals from set-pieces. I have the 4-4-2 loaded up in Match Prep as well as the 4-1-2-2-1 and 4-4-1-1 formations, the latter being defensive options. I have played 12 games, won 8, drawn 3 and lost 1. Again, for me, this is very similar to the results of a team in real life. My first-choice line-up is:

When Hernandez plays, I use him as the QP and then Rooney as the DCCF. Also, Carrick is my backup Creative MC and Hargreaves/Gibson my backup Direct Playing MC. I am not sure which midfield role I should assign to Anderson, any suggestions?

These are my fixtures so far:

As you can see, just one high-scoring game against Sunderland. I used the 4-1-2-2-1 tactic against Real Madrid and Dag & Red (with my 2nd-choice team).

Any suggestions or recommendations regarding the formations or the forward roles that I am using, or just anything in general, is welcome :)

TheBetterHalf, this tactic set is very good, really loving it. Thanks for all the effort put in!

Edit: I have one more question, using the setup that I am, do you think I will win the EPL or come close atleast? And if not, what should I change?

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

This was my last result:

This was with Rooney, Valencia and Van Der Sar out injured.

---------- Post added 01/09/2011 at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was 30/08/2011 at 12:36 PM ----------

And my last result against R.Madrid :D

They did rest Ronaldo, Di Maria and Higuain though.

Q - I am not sure which midfield role I should assign to Anderson, any suggestions?
A - I would probably play him as a The Roaming from Deep Direct Playing DMC/MC Link to setting

Q - Any suggestions or recommendations regarding the formations or the forward roles that I am using, or just anything in general, is welcome :)
A - Not really. You are using the FC roles correct.

Q - using the setup that I am, do you think I will win the EPL or come close atleast? And if not, what should I change?
A - You should be able to win it, no problem. YOu could probably play the Wide 4231 wihtout any major changes and win all competitions

the tactics you uploaded at zshare has been removed , pls re-upload it

hi TBH,

im trying your grande wide tactics again with my newcastle save...but after finding and reading all the work you've put into this thread, id like to try this on another save file, as again, i think itd help me to understand the game...i dont mean to be a pain in the wotsit, but on post #3 some more info would really help more...by this i mean your example:

The Wide 442s

Flat 442 (MC, MC, ML, MR)

Player Roles: Fullbacks, DCs, Creative MC, Direct Playing MC, Roaming Wide Wingers: Forwards of your choice
Suits: All teams
Does not Suit None

its great how you've set this out, but all the subsequent formations on "player roles", "suits" and "does not suit", are blank...is that an oversight, or me missing something and being thick?
would be great to give this a go...and good work again, and an interesting read.

cheers

Last edited:
i must say you've done great work with these tactics:)
i tried 2 different tactics with different teams and they both worked very well.. nice possesion and good amount of chances:) so yeah, thanks for this pack;)