Big Tactic Pack - 52 Uploaded Tactics by The Better Half.

Great guide!

Where do I extract it to?

Extract it to the Tactics folder, looking like this

tacpak.png

As you see, the extracted pack contains 6 folders that in each turn contain folders for each and every formation. Now, you just have to cut & past the tactic you want to use into the the tactic folders or if preferring, use Manage tactics -Import tactics and look for the correct folder, all within the game

Thanks! :D

The bit I don't get is when you listed the things to think about when making a tactic (strengths, weaknesses etc). What do you mean when you say: 'Compare it to the cost of my attacking play. If I am to sacrifice playing an AMR for the benefit of a MR, covering up my weaknesses.'

Thanks again ;)

Thanks! :D

The bit I don't get is when you listed the things to think about when making a tactic (strengths, weaknesses etc). What do you mean when you say: 'Compare it to the cost of my attacking play. If I am to sacrifice playing an AMR for the benefit of a MR, covering up my weaknesses.'

Thanks again ;)

Risk and Reward, If the reward is bigger than the risk, then go for it and vice versa
I meant that you have to make sure that your team can cope defensively if using more attacking minded players. If you have a great MR/AMR that can win many games for you when playing in the AMR position, you have to think about the defence as well. If you have a really poor DR that is unable to cover these large areas within the Wide 4231, you have to make a decision whether to sacrifice the AMR and play him in MR instead, a position where he wont get close at goal as often and by doing this, conceding less, or to play him in AMR as you think that whilst you might concede more this way, you will still win more games.

hi mate,

have u ever think to create some filters for search the players that better suit the roles of yr tactics, considering yr special roles???

_perfido_

hi mate,

have u ever think to create some filters for search the players that better suit the roles of yr tactics, considering yr special roles???

_perfido_

I have thought about it but have decided not to make any, this down to the fact that some stas can make up for others. A player that needs to have pace can make up for this by having great anticipation. A player with poorer acceleration and dribbling skills can make up for this with great agility and so on. There are also the ppms to be considerd and they cant be "filtered".

---------- Post added 18/04/2011 at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was 17/04/2011 at 08:54 PM ----------

After having played with the asymmetric 442, I have now gained promotion.

posh2.png

When preparing for the next level, I have come to these conclusions

• None of my attackers will be good enough to play in the CCC since they lack decision
- As I probably wont be able to find 3 good new attackers for next season, I am going to use a single FC formation for next season.
  • Boyd is performing really good in AML and so is the rotation players in AMR
- I am going to use both a AML and a AMR
  • My fullbacks are not that great
- I will probably have to use a DMC or perhaps 2
  • My scout has found some adequate AMCs
- I will have a new AMC next season

Conclusion

I am going to use the Deep and Wide 4231, either with a DMC/MC combo or 2 DMCs

When looking for a new FC, I am using this filter. The role he will be provided will be the one matching his ppms. As you see, I am asking for 4 out of 5 but I will never sign a player with a low decision stat ( if its 12 then ok but never 8). If any of the players found have a very low stat in one of the 5 criteria, then he wont be signed either

poshfilter.png

really nice thread this.

I have two questions, can I use your roles in my own tactic even though I play a very fluid offensive tactic?

Would the roaming incutting wingforward work good if I would push him up to the right forward position, not FCr I mean FR?

really nice thread this.

I have two questions, can I use your roles in my own tactic even though I play a very fluid offensive tactic?

Would the roaming incutting wingforward work good if I would push him up to the right forward position, not FCr I mean FR?

Indeed, the roles can be used in any strategy or appraoch. Again yes, you can use him in both MR.AMR and FR position. his passing might have to be slightly different though., perhaps playing a slightly more direct game if playing attacking and on the counter, especially if you have no players in the AM-strata

EDIT: Thinking of it, if you are using them on a much higher mentality, restrict their runs from deep

Last edited:
Tried positioning the Roaming Incutting Wingers in FR, FL and the Rioting AMC in the MC, using the Deep & Narrow 4231.
Seems like it worked out fine.

Hi mate,

what I have to do if using any of yr tactics in a match I need to find a goal or to defend the result, so if I want to be more offensive or difensive???

Regards

_perfido_

Can't seem to get to grips with any of these :mad:

back to Kofloks GoalsGalore.

Hi mate,

what I have to do if using any of yr tactics in a match I need to find a goal or to defend the result, so if I want to be more offensive or difensive???

Regards

_perfido_

If you want to use them as Plug & Shout tactics, then you need to make the following tweaks to the tactic.

Team Settings:
- Change Strategy to Balanced
- Untick the width, d-line and tempo so that they are as suggested by the wizard

Player settings

-Look at the Fullbacks/Wingbacks, are the tactic using wingbacks on attack, well then take into consideration that they will still be attacking even though playing in a more cautious strategy. I would probably set their roles( fullbacks or wingbacks) and their duty before each and every game to suit the circumstances
- Look at some of my tweaked settings. Will they perhaps still be too attacking if changing strategy, like a player always running forward etc. Feel free to make a compromise here so that they change with the shouts

and if I want to use yr tactics w/out any shout, how can I have the same results???

in my idea, starting with a narrow4312, could I use the narrow diamond as more difensive solution, and the high box as offensive???

I'm interested on how u manage the aim of yr team.

Then I have a question about the narrow4312: could u explain better the roles of the 3 in the middle???

Regards

_perfido_

and if I want to use yr tactics w/out any shout, how can I have the same results???

in my idea, starting with a narrow4312, could I use the narrow diamond as more difensive solution, and the high box as offensive???

I'm interested on how u manage the aim of yr team.

Then I have a question about the narrow4312: could u explain better the roles of the 3 in the middle???

Regards

_perfido_

In tweaking, I have used the tactics as pure plug & play versions, only tweaked the setting of the FC/FCs to suit the players ( Quick Poacher etc)

Now, when playing my long term save, I am approaching it a bit different. Basically, I am using 2 formations that are loaded up in the Match preparation. One more attacking and one more cautious. Since I am a underdog, being newly promoted with my Posh, I have also changed the team settings so that it suits my current situation. I am playing more narrow and with a deeper d-line.
I have never started with the more attacking formation but I have switched to it in game with good results

As for the Narrow 4312, i will get back to you with the player roels

Last edited:

Converting my Old FM09 Tactics into FM11

I decided to play around a bit with my old FM09 Plug & Play tactics ( http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/tactics-training/18917-better-half-plug-play-tactics.html ) tactics from FM09. Obviously, their is a difference between 09 and 11, there being no wide play option so there for, I decided to leave this option blank.

So far, I have converted the Flat 442 for underdogs and the Wide 4321 for Top teams and the result so far has been really good. Would be fun to see if any of you can get success with them to