Androoooos

Reaction score
So... I'm now into my third season with Aston Villa in the Prem, doing quite well:

1st season: 6th
2nd season: 8th
3rd season: 4th with 15 games gone.

So thats not the problem... I've picked up a few good buys and they have turned into amazing players, but a couple of years in a row my best players are wanting to play for a bigger club. In the end I've been forced to sell them on, anyone got any tips on how to keep them from leaving? Or wanting to leave (I dont want unhappy players)

make as much profit as possible, try to tie down longer contracts, get some european success, add a buy back clause in transfer if you realy want ? good luck :)

Yeah contracts don't seem to be the problem though its just when a big club comes in! In Europa League so hopefully this year i can hang onto my top top players!!

Have made some good profit though which is the good thing

In past versions of FM, I have kept hold of unhappy players. They tend to dislike you for a while, and their form becomes erratic, but they get over it eventually and return to good form. Once they have been with you for a long while, you become one of their favoured personnel and more receptive to doing what you want them to. It obviously works out better if you have a strong enough squad that you don't rely on that particular player.

Yeah i always used to just keep hold of them... I think morale plays such a massive part in performances in this one though so I don't want an unhappy team

I agree with the posts above but remember that the game aims to be as realistic as possible, and unfortunately for clubs outside of the 'big' clubs, keeping their best players is a very difficult thing, even for clubs such as Liverpool (Alonso), Everton (Fellaini) and Spurs (Bale) in real life.