Biggest club in the world, but cant get a new stadium...

Sc00by

Reaction score
Im in my 12th season on my Villa save. Dominated world football for the last 5 years, I have had 2 stadium expansions before I started to win everything, my capacity is 55,000, top facilities and youth etc. I have £160m in the bank, I have £220m turnover, I sell out practically every match, but the chairman just refuses to build a new stadium and the current stadium cannot be expanded.

Im the 2nd richest club in the world, the 3rd biggest by reputation, Ive won 4 of the last 6 champions leagues and 4 of the last 6 premier leagues, I havent failed to make the SF of CL for 6 years and on the 2 occassions I didnt win the league I came 2nd(this season I needed to beat Newcastle at home last game and drew 0-0 despite scoring ~120 goals per season)

What do I have to do to get a new stadium?

suck your board of maybe? or maybe just wait a few more years

I'd go with the first option.....also why move, your facilities are good and you seem to be good, is it not better to ask for an extension? i think they can only make a new stadium if the old one is at least 20 years old (have no idea how old villa's ground is).

I'd go with the first option.....also why move, your facilities are good and you seem to be good, is it not better to ask for an extension? i think they can only make a new stadium if the old one is at least 20 years old (have no idea how old villa's ground is).

I think villa park is more than 100 years old... lol

Yea Villa Park is almost 120 years old, and we have reached building maximum, the option to expand is no longer available and its been like that for over 5 years and the clubs stature has grown an enormous amount.

Yea Villa Park is almost 120 years old, and we have reached building maximum, the option to expand is no longer available and its been like that for over 5 years and the clubs stature has grown an enormous amount.

Despite yuour wealth, do you have any big loans, loans from the beginninig of the game ? If so, this can make things a bit tricky

I think theres a loan from Lerner to be repaid when he leaves the club.

Is it possible to repay that? Its only like £25m I think.

I seem to remember that when you move stadium your facilities stay the same, your only moving stadium not training ground. Is that what you mean?

Hey Sc00by.

I am a Villa fan and always have a Villa save to begin the game with. I got to 2022 and was granted a new stadium (I asked at every single opportunity and eventually got it). I had a similar record to you, so my advice would just be to stick with it!

Might just be the board. Chairmen have hidden stats too.
If I remember correctly, Randy Lerner has high Business but low Resources. Which means that he's looking for maximum profit without investing much into the club.

...maybe hope for a takeover?

Might just be the board. Chairmen have hidden stats too.
If I remember correctly, Randy Lerner has high Business but low Resources. Which means that he's looking for maximum profit without investing much into the club.

...maybe hope for a takeover?

I think Zaltys has hit the nail on the head with that one. Tbf, SI have made that extremely realistic as he is like that in real life too. Im an avid AVFC fan and I recently did a tour of Villa Park. The guide talks quite extensively about the takeover of the club by Mr Lerner, and it seems to me that he runs Villa much like a business.

He has invested heavily into the infrastructure of the club and the stadium/training ground, but seems apprehensive to spend £ on players. Stadiums, training grounds, corporate rooms & other pieces of club infrastructure are all low risk tangible assets for a chairman to splash out on, whereas players are high risk - players like Darren Bent cost 18.25m to buy with a potential or 3-4m worth of add-ons in the deal for example. You'd imagine that they've based their hidden stats on their real-life characteristics.

Not that I want to turn this into a debate, but when he came here he bought a **** of a lot of players, and paid big wages. He was stung by the management team who wasted a lot of that money on average players. At that time the top 4 were Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. Liverpool were in huge debt and Arsenal's powers had been waning for years. Lerner took a gamble at trying to break that top 4, unfortunately Man City got rich, Gareth Bale turned into a player and dragged Spurs up there and Liverpool got taken over.

Lerner is no on a cost cutting mission, and rightly so, even though it pains me to say it, it is sensible, I only wish we could be more comfortable in terms of squad ability and league position. Its likely been an even bigger gamble risking relegation than it was spending 3 figures on trying to break the top 4.