Disclaimer101

Reaction score
Anyone spent obscene amounts of money on a player and have that player just not meet the expectations set upon him?
For example: How much did he cost? Average rating? Worst performance that convinced you it was time to cut your losses? If you sold him how much money did you get back for your expensive flop?
Screenshots Welcome!! :D

Currently playing as Portsmouth so i don't really have obscene amounts of money to spend ;) but i remember on fm10 about 7 years in (as Portsmouth incidentally) I spent 78million on an australian regen who had just insane stats.

3 games in he did in his cruciate and after about 7 months out he just wasnt the same player and ended up selling him for 15mil

see now that just would have forced me to reload before he got injured!...avoid it all together :p

Currently playing with Liverpool.

Haven't bought anyone that turned into a flop yet, but overall it has to be Daniel Agger. A 6.79 average rating in 24 games convinced me to sell him. He was on £70k a week, and honestly that was way to much for a player that did that bad.

Sold him to AC Milan (Only got £1m for him as no one wanted the *******), and brought in Kyriakos Papadoupolous (sp?) from Schalke, who is amazing ! :)

Summer 2012 i Buy Jelle Vosson as RvP's backup, on hindsight i maybe overspent as i bought him for 10M.

He was hardly going to play in the first place except for when VP needed a rest or playing him in the cups. He scored 1 goal in a 6-2 win vs FC RB Salzburg in UCL. hardly played in the PL with 2 appearances 3 as a sub. He then got ruled out for 8 weeks with a back fracture so i gave Vela a chance...

Vela has now overtaken him with 8 PL goals in 11 PL games which is quite an epic record so Vossen is now 4th choice behind Vela & now Chamakh who has also scored more than Vossen.

I will now cut my losses and sell him in the summer if i can, I wont get back the 10M though lol

Summer 2012 i Buy Jelle Vosson as RvP's backup, on hindsight i maybe overspent as i bought him for 10M.

He was hardly going to play in the first place except for when VP needed a rest or playing him in the cups. He scored 1 goal in a 6-2 win vs FC RB Salzburg in UCL. hardly played in the PL with 2 appearances 3 as a sub. He then got ruled out for 8 weeks with a back fracture so i gave Vela a chance...

Vela has now overtaken him with 8 PL goals in 11 PL games which is quite an epic record so Vossen is now 4th choice behind Vela & now Chamakh who has also scored more than Vossen.

I will now cut my losses and sell him in the summer if i can, I wont get back the 10M though lol

Called it.

seydou doumbia 18mill junk cant even score against championship clubs

Yaya Sanogo, bought him for 17 million and he has been absolutely wasteful. Has only scored twice in 25 appearances, with 6.58 Average rating. How can i make him perform? Any ideas?

Leandro Damiao on my Aston Villa save for 20m..
1st 18matches only got 8 goals. Injured for 2months, when he was back in training, he was injured for another 3months.
Came back after 6months to score 2more goals(7apps- average rating 6.28)

Dont get me wrong, he was good for my Arsenal save. I think he doesnt slot in well in my 4-2-3-1 tactic. Got a 1m african striker. Did better than him

i buy dzeko 20m from city to join force with rvp...so bad buy!!!, 1 goal in 20 app..then on winter, i buy another striker, guest who...aguero(still on a.madrid on that time)..25 goal in 15 match!!!

Ganso by a mile. He is good but im in my 4th season and he still can only manage 14 games a season he is always getting injured which don't help his development