Smokeydubbs

Reaction score
... Me, #1 on the table by nearly 20 points, vs #17 on the table. The pre-game thought I should be worried about complacency I was such high favorites.

I rested 10 of my starters because I have an important cup match after this. The only starter I played was my GK. I expected a bad game but I didn't care because I'm so far in 1st place. But when I lost, the media said it was the "Biggest game so far in the season". Why? No one was at the game. It wasn't against a rival. I just don't see why they said that. It was my first loss in 28 games, but oh well, that alone doesn't qualify it as a "big game".

It's really no big deal, but it raged me pretty hard to see that.

But this isn't the first time when they, unbeknownst to me, qualify games as "big" which really were not.

Anyone have any "big games" that were really not?

Perhaps it was a "big" game for the winning team, and they aren't referring to your squad at all?

The press were clearly stating it was a big game for me. And all of the dialogue options were how disappointed I should be.

Thats the press for you, they always try to drag out the negatives. Such as when that reporter suggested to Sir A.F that both manchester squads were struggling in Europe. They want a reaction out of you!

I had couple of these ( I won both ) They were the games in which I guaranteed my team CL qualification in the first game and later winning the league by winning that match.

Ah, but that makes sense for you. For Smokey his do not make sense.

Ah, but that makes sense for you. For Smokey his do not make sense.

"Me, #1 on the table by nearly 20 points, vs #17 on the table."

How do you know it wasn't the same deal for him?

I also played against some lower opponent who even wasn't a rival so it makes no sense to me.

For Smokey it might have been a match in if he had won he'd have quaranteed qualification or championship.

Perhaps it was, If that was the case then Smokey left a key detail out in his description! Because as you have illustrated clinching Euro spots or mathematically clinching the title are big games and would clearly explain why the pundits have gone out and said so.

Last edited: