dngrs

Reaction score
I need help building a tactic to play against very big teams (Im not into being too defensive as Im not really a **** team)
these are my players http://shareimage.ro/images/iho0847zpf6rdnfnl.png (new gk coming in stephane ruffier)
........gkd
fbs cdd cdd fbs
.......dmd......
.....dlps b2bs... (benat and herrera) or 2 cms.. ??
...wa.......ifa... muniain as if
.......cfa or ta.. llorente (i just cant have muniain as lone striker as that means i have no spot for llorente and this big guy is important in set pieces)
with direct passing, counter on, deep dline and normal wideness.. quick tempo no wasting? im not sure about strategy counter or control? or maybe even attacking.. philosophy balanced?

and a side question
most of my players barely have any ppms (the 22 year olds) so now I know why some of my cms are ineffective as playmakers
what ppms suit a direct style? should they still dictate tempo or do 1-2s? im guessing killer balls are essential and come deep?

Im not really into the short passing thing but Im up for it if it helps defensive tactics

as additional info my usual tactic is a quick, direct, wide 4222 with 2 cms, 2wingers on attack, targetman attack + poacher
(another question here: if playing quick and with no IFs or AMC should holding the ball be off for the targetman ?// and should his running be set to rarely so he sends the ball to the poacher or the wingers? )

Last edited:
posted a response to this in your thread at the SI tactic forum

Me to. Did any of the team tactics work for you ( did you try them), like the Bolton 442 ?

yea I checked the bolton one but I dont like using players like muniain as dlf (personal thing :) ) so I didnt try

@falahk check it back