Bill & Ted to be Remade

Gregor

like a (super) mod
Reaction score
After many years of rumours, scuttlebutt, and spruiking on Alex Winter’s behalf (I believe there was also a producer trying to get a third film up at one stage – might be the same chap behind this one, not sure), we can finally confirm that a new “Bill & Ted” movie is indeed in the works.

Unfortunately, it isn’t the one you’ve been hoping for – the one where Winter and Keanu Reeves return to play 40-something version’s of the iconic dags. Instead, the new “Bill & Ted” is somewhat of a series restart.

Errr.

Bill & Ted are two Year 10 students, on the verge of failing their school year (the principal, Principal Baumheiser, is their main adversary), when they discover a way to travel through time – yes, it’s by way of a phone again, albeit a funkier one than that in the original – to meet some of the characters they’re supposed to have learnt about at school. They met Gandhi, Calamity Jane… the list goes on. The next week, Bill & Ted have to present a “full presentation of every class” they’re failing, which is all of them.

Oh, and as for Wyld Stallions? They’re retired. Bill & Ted’s group, in this film, is ‘Atomic Gorillas’. Ha.

The pages of the script that I’ve seen indicate that the film has been updated for the audience of today – there’s a few less “Whoa’s” than there was in the original, and the screenwriter has gone out of his way to throw in a bunch of references to all the cool and hip stuff the youngin’s are into today (for instance, Bill & Ted are worried that they’re going to miss “The Dark Knight”). It definitely reads like the old “Bill & Ted”…. But not entirely. Lets see who they cast.

Assume this will go straight to DVD – along with all the other sequels MGM’s developing right now.

will never beat the classics but i reckon it might be ok.

This is not bodacious at all.

Dimension Films has confirmed it is planning to remake 1986 family movie Short Circuit.

The company has acquired the rights to the military robot story and hired original writers S.S. Wilson and Brent Maddock to work on the script.

Short Circuit followed the tale of a robot called Number 5 that gains a personality after being struck by lightning. Steve Guttenberg and Ally Sheedy were among the cast.

The film spawned one sequel in 1998 that featured the robot dealing with life in the city.

David Foster and John Hyde will produce the movie. Foster told Variety the third big screen outing for the robot would retain similar themes to the original, but would contain updated technology.

don't think i have seen that

Bill & Ted was brilliant. I hope they don't ruin it.

Loved the Grim Reaper in Bogus Journey. Station!!

SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAM RULES!!!