Billy Davies sacked by Nott'm Forest

• Thread starter Thread starter Joel`
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 1K

Joel`

Reaction score
Just breaking on SSN now, the board are supposed to be talking to Steve McClaren about the position.

Managers get fired far too easily, no shame in finishing in the play-offs in such a competitive league.

Shame good manager would have tooken them up eventully :)

Absolute joke by the club. A joke, nothing else.

This man did so well to get us where we were the last two seasons and we can't even repay him with the chance to see out his contract with one final bite at the cherry.

DTguardian daniel taylor
Not surprised Billy Davies has gone. Told two months ago #NFFC wanted to sack him even if they went up. 'Mutual contempt.'

Tbh i'm not surprised he's been sacked after losing in the play off semis two seasons in a row. They probably would have gone up if they gave him some backing in the transfer window though. Shame really, seeing as he's done so much for Forest :S

Davies to Birmingham? Just to keep the midland's run going.

Is this a joke? God, Leeds give Simon Grayson to Aston Villa and sign Billy!!

It'll be Pleat. Davies and him never got on, and Davies has had a few public outbursts this season in regards to transfers and the like.

He's too outgoing as a manager for the boards liking which is a bit annoying, because it's obvious he is a great manager. Just didn't get on with our board.

I think I'd be happy with McClaren though if we were to get him.

I would have given him one more season, but I don't think he can complain too much. The squad that Forest have should be good enough for promotion, and he seems to rotate too much for my liking. He's a good, consistent manager and I think he will be difficult to replace. I don't understand why he brought Boyd in on loan when they really needed defensive cover

That was down to the wonderfully crafted Forest board who oversee the transfers. Oh they do know who to buy!

Sky Sources say they will appoint McLaren tomorrow. Great appointment if you ask me and its good to see Steve back in management in England.

Sky Sources say they will appoint McLaren tomorrow. Great appointment if you ask me and its good to see Steve back in management in England.

I was personally hoping he'd get a job in a new foreign country to hear the latest attempt at a foreign dialect.

I would have given him one more season, but I don't think he can complain too much. The squad that Forest have should be good enough for promotion, and he seems to rotate too much for my liking. He's a good, consistent manager and I think he will be difficult to replace. I don't understand why he brought Boyd in on loan when they really needed defensive cover

To be fair you had problems scoring goals and Boyd got what, 6 in 9? not too shabby.

Bad decision considering the position Forrest were in when he took over. Davies will be back soon though & rightly so.

If Steve M. does get appointed then it will be a good decision by the Nottingham board, still dont see why Davies deserved the bot, should have atleast been given the chance to see out the last year on his contract but meh I am presuming we shall see Davies back in management quite soon

And there it is, Maclaren confirmed by Forest.

Great stuff really, I have always rated the man, the england job came too early for him, and it is a shame cause he would of made a great england manager, if he got the job 15 years later.

And there it is, Maclaren confirmed by Forest.

Great stuff really, I have always rated the man, the england job came too early for him, and it is a shame cause he would of made a great england manager, if he got the job 15 years later.

personally i think its a coup for Nottingham.... McClaren is a great manager who take FC Twente to the Dutch title, has experience managing in England nad has managed talented sides such as Wolfsburg so in my opinion he can do wonders with the Nottingham Forest team

This is somewhat a coup for us, given the position the club is in at the moment. We have the history but it doesn't mean were a big club anymore. Pleased that the usually silent Forest board have acted quickly to sort out the mess they made.

We shall see what Schteve will do. Can't wait to hear his Nottingham badman accent.

To be fair you had problems scoring goals and Boyd got what, 6 in 9? not too shabby.

Bad decision considering the position Forrest were in when he took over. Davies will be back soon though & rightly so.

6 in 12 which is good going to be fair, but he is very similar to Earnshaw in the way that he contibutes nothing to the build up play and is also quite lazy. You can't carry 2 of those kind of players, something Davies stupidly tried to do in the first leg of the playoffs. I think Davies is quite shrewd in the transfer market though, and Jack seems to think it was the boards decision to sign him.

I was disappointed not to see more of Majewski but I guess McGugan stole his place somewhat. I'd love to see them both in the team, but McGugan is too lazy and Majewski is too lightweight. I think McClaren will demand more backing and will do well next year, even though I think he's a complete tool.

Back