bioshock

jamgla

Reaction score
i just downloaded bioshock from the xbox live marketplace, its the most amazing game ive played in a long time, its due for release this friday.

the best points are the graphics and the fact theres no time to rest as sumthing is always trying to kill you

background info can be found here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioshock

I played the PC demo the other day and it was rather fun. Probably going to be getting it when it's released.

it's on steam so i might purchase it next week when i get paid

Yup, quality game that I'll get Monday. The average score is 9.8 after 24 press ratings which is very impressive. It's about time a quality game was released, the 360 has been slow in recent months.

There's a problem for people with widescreen monitors or tv's because the game cuts off quite a large chunk of the view. Hopefully it will be fixed.

haha for once my crappy dvd combo portable thing is good

im gonna go out and get it this friday

im going to download the demo first i have a bad habbit of buying games then hating them. lee or wes you got pc demo link?

Went into gamestation and got this today, only had the collectors edition left though so I had to buy that. It comes with a Big Daddy figure, will make for a cool bookend. :)

I'm loving this game, only problem I have is the little sisters. They are just too cute to harvest so I rescue them instead but for less Adam. I read somewhere a few moments ago that you get the good ending if you rescue all the little sisters so I'm glad I didn't harvest one now.

Guess I can go harvest them second time round. Great game, would recommend to anyone with a good PC or a 360.

9/10.

i was a dimwit and went harvest, save, harvest, save etc.. lol

Last edited:
How much adam you get for harvesting them then? I'm just wondering because every 2-3 little sisters you rescue they bring you a gift(which is a teddy bear with rare items and 200 adam). I'm going to harvest on my second play because I'll want to get the achievement for hard difficulty and maxing out your plasmid slots.

im not sure on the exact amount u get for harvesting, but i know if you get a teddy bear its more then if you harvest

Well the word on all the gaming blogs is that it's more rewarding killing the little sisters. Hence why the media are outraged.

Wiki

A young German scientist named Bridgette Tenenbaum discovered a species of sea slug that could secrete pure stem cells, later called ADAM. This substance could be used to enhance one's body; improving physical or mental capabilities, curing diseases, and healing injuries. ADAM was used to develop a series of genetic modifications called plasmids, that could give humans special powers (which used a serum called EVE) and additional innate abilities.

Dr. Tenenbaum created the Little Sisters as a way to recover ADAM from Rapture's dead. The Little Sisters were young girls implanted with the sea slug within the lining of their stomachs, and mentally conditioned to recognize the dead as "angels". Upon seeing an angel, they were further conditioned to use a hypodermic syringe to extract the used ADAM, take it into themselves, and convert the material within their body back into a usable form. To protect the Sisters from others, each was assigned a Big Daddy, genetically modified humans who were placed into large and powerful diving suits that followed the Sisters around and attacked anyone that attempted to harm the Sisters or themselves.

So basically if you kill the little sisters you get more of the ADAM than if you were to rescue them. You don't actually see them being killed, you pick the little sister up and as your hand goes to rip out the slug the screen goes green and next thing you see you're standing there with the parasite. Don't know what the big deal its, it's only a game after all.

Well the word on all the gaming blogs is that it's more rewarding killing the little sisters. Hence why the media are outraged.

the amount of ADAM you get overall i imagine is very similar, because every 2 or 3 little sisters you get a gift which is more than what u get for harvesting

well after the pc demo went as slow as i have decided to get a new pc but im going to dl the xbox demo aswell.

Well I just finished the game and while I enjoyed it and the story was great, the good ending was boring and very short for a game ending cut scene. I'm going to play through again a week before Halo 3 is released and finish it on hard and get the bad ending.

Tip for anyone playing it - Wrench is the most powerful weapon on the game. Use every wrench related tonic and use in conjuction with winter blast and everything dies within one or two blows. Save your ammo for the big daddy's.

yeah i just completed it a few hours ago too, and i would have to agree with you about the wrench and crappy ending