Birmingham City - On the Up

-Hoops

First Story so hopefully its good.
Any advice is welcome.

birmingham-city-256x256.png

NEW FACE AT BIRMINGHAM

Birmingham City have announced the arrival of 33 year old, former Scotland international Denva Reeves on a 2year £26,500k a week deal. Reeves' appointment comes just 3 days after Alex McLeish resigned following a disagreement with new owner Carson Yeung.

REEVES' AMBITION

Reeves has told local newspaper ,the Birmingham Post that he is incredibly excited about attempting to bring success to the Blues. ''This is my first step into management and the premier league is home to so many great managers so it's going to be tough for any inexperienced manager, but Me, the players and Mr Yeung are confident we can stay in this league and go on to bigger and better things in the near future. Mr Yeung has guaranteed me a good amount of resources to work with, and I aim to bring in the type of quality this team needs to be successful.''

Season Expectations - Mid Table
Transfer budget - £27m

I'll go over pre-season quickly.
f0tgzr.jpg

Good pre-season, evaluated the strengths and weaknesses of the team and who to sell and where to buy.

Will update soonish, hopefully i get some followers.

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

THE BLUES GO SHOPPING

The transfer market is open and new blues boss, Denva Reeves looks certain to be spending this summer. Reeves' first signing, Yannick Djalo (Sporting Lisbon-600k) has had a good pre-season so far but Reeves wont rule out buying another striker even with Chucho, Jerome and O'Connor already at St. Andrews.
Reeves said ''Yannick is certainly impressing the fans like he impressed me before i signed him. I wont rule out signing another striker, Infact I'm still looking to strengthen everywhere so nothing can be ruled out at the moment.
I currently have a wealth of targets in mind for every position so no-one place is safe and it's up to them to secure a place in the first eleven.
I can clarify that we are close to signing Rosenborg's Anthony Annan and we are also looking at Youngsters, Danny Wilson and Lacina Traoré.''

I'm kinda going about the policy of youthful players that can do the job already and will be a force to be reckoned with in the future.
also Signed Hedwiges Maduro for 850k from Valencia
OCTOBER 2009 Results -
Birmingham 1-0 Wigan
S.Larsson '37
Scoreline flatters wigan tbh, we completely mauled them but Kirkland had a fantastic game, saving nearly everything that came his way

West Ham 1-3 Birmingham
Michel '1 - Jerome '10 - Djalo '54
Nice confident performance away, good start so far.

Blackburn 1-1 Birmingham
Givet (OG) '5
Really frustrating game, had alot of chances, finishing was poor also hit the woodwork 2 or 3 times. Hart pulled off a few good saved but on the 88th minuit Hoilett broke free and rounded Hart.

Lincoln 0-6 Birmingham
McFadden '12 '27 - Phillips '29 - Maduro '39 - Michel '78 - Hone (OG) '88
Always nice to pump someone, even if it is a L2 side, Good run out for the lesser players in the Squad.

Confirmed the signings of Danny Wilson 3.4m and Lacina Traoré 5m over 48months.

Great start mate ;)

nice to see us reflecting real life for a change :p
most games i play we get relegated! but i guess with the new patch and the wod of dough we get that wont happen anymore

good signing with Djalo, iv just started a Blues and signed him too, he compliments Jerome well i think!

OTAMENDI SET FOR ST. ANDREWS

21 year old Velez center half Nicolás Otamendi will officially become a Birmingham City player in July 2010 for a fee of £4.4m. Reeves had apparently been keeping tabs on Nicolas since he joined Birmingham and was ecstatic to be able to confirm the future capture of the Argentinian who is labeled the next Gabriel Milito.

Birmingham 1-0 Fulham
Michel '48
Boring game in all honesty, decent win

Man Utd 3-0 Birmingham
Was expecting it anyway so not much disappointment in this result

Birmingham 1-0 Liverpool
Yannick Djalo '2
Fantastic result, was going out to cause an upset, had nothing to lose and got my reward. A few more results like this could see me leave my 'relegation rivals' a mere bug on the sleeve.

Ipswich 0-1 Birmingham
Djalo '36
Ipswich put up a decent fight in the league cup 3rd round but never really had any chance.

Rade Prica and Fausto Pinto were my last pieces of business
2mezedu.jpg

There was no outgoings at all, was looking at who would be cemented into my plans before anyone left.

Birmingham 4-0 Wolves
Dann '23 - Prica '70 '77 '84
Prica was outstanding on his debut 3goals and 1 assist took the spotlight away from the large win against fellow relegation candidates wolves

Stoke 3-4 Birmingham
Prica '3 - Yannick Djalo '21 '79 - Wilson '44
Was it something i said ? 3-0 up at HT Stoke came back to 3-3 within 30mins but Djalo secured the points

Spurs 2-1 Birmingham
Lennon 71(OG)
Letting them score 2 in the last 11 minuits was a sucker punch but good teams always bounce back.

_______

Late October and I have just about sorted the squad out, looks as if there will be a few comings and goings.
Christian Benitez hasnt been available yet this season through injury so im not certain on him

Key Players -

Sebastian Larsson

larrsonDM0212_468x418.jpg

Seb has been pulling all the strings from the right side of midfield with 1goal and 7 assists from 8 Games

Rade Prica

PRICA_93381d.jpg

The late signing has been in great form and looks to be cementing a first team place with 4 goals and 2 assists from 5 apps

Michel
MichelNew.jpg

Michel wasn't supposed to be near my starting eleven but after a few injuries and 1 or 2 forced appearances he made a great impression. 3 goals 3 assists and 3.9 tackles a game avg in 8 apps.

Anthony Annan
NEWS_1254139468_annan.jpg

No Fancy nancy, Annan dissects the opponents play and plays it simple, he has the anchorman role down to a T. simplicity is just as good as flair.

The defence has been chopped and changed so far with a few injuries and what not so everyone will be fighting for a place.

Update tomorrow probably ? if i get some readers (A)

Doing pretty well, especially win against Liverpool is vital =)

Would be nice to see the League Table, you should be lying on the top half of the table right? Best of luck to you =)

Aw aye league table :p:D
5x0luf.jpg

Im Glad im getting Winnable games along with the likely losses instead of playing West Ham, Burnley, Pompey, Bolton and Wolves at once then Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal in a row. Because in previous games i would get pitched against the ***** teams all at once, winning and get complacent - one thing you cant do in the EPL, and obviously a string of losses is demoralising - even against the big teams.

Last edited:
Back