Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read the entire story to date. Brilliant! Really good first season in the Premiership, unlucky on not qualifying for Europe but the most important thing is to consolidate and stay in the league. Now you can push on and aim for European football this season. Keep up the good work, I'll be following.

Yeah couldn't agree more. Made some real decent signings during the summer. All will be revealed shortly!

Well you know im a big fan already :) fantastic debut season i agree about the defence definitely needs addressing and maybe if it gets addressed Europe is on the horizon but mid table or top half is more than suitable for next seasons finish.

Well you know im a big fan already :) fantastic debut season i agree about the defence definitely needs addressing and maybe if it gets addressed Europe is on the horizon but mid table or top half is more than suitable for next seasons finish.

Cheers! and yeah defence can be all over the place at times. Brought in a lot of defenders for the new season so hopefully it will tighten up! next update will be about an hour, so check it out!

Unlucky not to get into some European Football this year, but at least you beat the villa!

Nice story mate and gr8 first season in prem :)

Would be interesting to see tactcs used etc though.

Before i start this update, just like to thank everyone who's following the story and leaving comments! Much appreciated it.

As you know we finished a respectable 8th season, and of course it was our first season in the Premiership, so not bad at all. Aim for this season is to make sure that our 8th place finish wasn't just a fluke and that we can be consistent in the league. Last season was a win,lose,win,lose one and if that's the case this season there is no way we will improve on last year

I'm about to show you the players i decided to let go this Summer. Some of them i wasn't keen on leaving but a few wanted to leave, and i'm not one to have a unsettled player who doesn't want to be part of your team around my squad, so decided it was for the best. But the majority of the players sold or let go, where entirely sold so our squad could improve!

View attachment 223350

So overall, 17 players either left the clubs on a free or was sold. Some of the deals where good for the club, such as Gibson off to Blackburn for just under £7 Million, signed him on a free the previous season! All free transfers where basically dead wood, and where no longer needed.

One sad note is Jordan Mutch, he was restricted to first team action since promotion, and having been loaned out at Charlton the previous season, he returned and asked for a transfer request instantly. I turned it down and thought that would be that, but a week later he asked for his contract to be terminated. I felt the relationship between me and the player was completely dead so allowed him to leave. It'll probably come back to bite me in the *** in the future but he was being held back at the club as i could'nt offer him first team football. Paloschi is also out on loan because his first team action would of been limited this year, banging them in for Lisbon at the moment though which is great to see! All in all £24 Million brought in....not bad.

Went on a bit there, so i'll try to make the Players brought in section a little shorter....;)

Felt that our team had a good balance to it last season, but was just missing that rock in defence, and a goal scoring midfielder. Hopefully one of these many signings can apply those two features to my team. Here is a look at the new Birmingham players for the 2013/2014 campaign....

View attachment 223351

To say i went a little crazy this summer would be an understatement. But i am defiantly not looking to bring anyone in till the start of the new season, as i now feel i have a strong squad which can compete at this level. I literally bought a player for every position. I spent £53 Million this summer which is a considerable amount! £30 Million was given to me by the board and the £23 Million was from players sold of course!

Realistically, having spent this much money we MUST improve on last season. The chairman has shown a lot of faith in me with the transfer kitty he allowed me to have, so feel like i have to re-pay the faith shown via a brilliant season!

Here are my top 3 transfers! The funny thing is though, i really wanted to but Poli in this but i don't want to make it a top 4, simply because who does a top 4? So yeah, here are my top 3 signings......

3)Angelo Palombo

Just beat Poli to the third spot simply because Palombo was brought in for free, unlike Poli which was £15 Million. Palombo is a solid midfielder and is a great ball winner. Has a decent pass on him also, and will link up well in our all Italian midfield or Brighi, Poli and himself!

View attachment 223345

2) Ashley Young

After Valbuena was being an absolute MUG when it come to offering him a contract (wanted 125k, really?XD) my number one transfer target would be a decent left winger. With Young of course i have this! With his great first touch and acceleration, i'll be looking for him to get in round the back of defenders and cause havoc! Originally played for Aston before United signed him up! Now he is at Villa's great rivals, and for £7 Mill its a great transfer!

View attachment 223346

1)Thomas Vermaelen

5 million for Thomas Vermaelen? Really? What a price! I was very surprised no other team had come in for him. He was rotting away in the Reserves at Arsenal for some strange reason. He was made captain of Birmingham for the new season and has made a great start to the season! Hoping him and young South African Center Back Xulu will work well together!

View attachment 223347

August & September

After who was brought into the club, i was hoping for a better start then we have had! We have been showing glimpses of what we are capable of, but all in all a dodgy start! Here is a look at the start we had...

View attachment 223348

Funny how after my last update, i said that Birmingham don't know what to draw a match means. We have already drew 4 games this season, which was as many draws we managed through out the WHOLE of last season! The draw's to Spurs and Man City where well earned, and against Spur's we really should have won!

There is one stand out result which is the defeat to Rochdale in the Carling Cup. I hold my hands up for this entirely! I fielded a ridiculous team thinking we would win comfortably. Went downstairs to get some food, and BAM we had lost. The home defeat to rivals Villa was hard to take as well, having let in two goals from set-pieces and a counter attack.Towards the end of September we have picked up our game though and took 5 points from a possible 9.

Before i leave you here is a look at the League table. Not looking soo good at the moment, but come the next update i'm certain we will be higher!

View attachment 223349

P.S - Never go make food whilst your in a match!​

WOW!! Those are some MEGA transfers, Sow on a Free and Hinkel are great also.
Only word of caution I would give u is Boruc.
Have him n Fiorentina save and he has made some real howlers. Comes out from goal wayyyy too far too often, drops simple catches etc.
He is often amazing, but cost me more pts than he won me.

Sow on free!! Brilliant transfers , warning with vermoeleon, he gets injured easily.

WOW!! Those are some MEGA transfers, Sow on a Free and Hinkel are great also.
Only word of caution I would give u is Boruc.
Have him n Fiorentina save and he has made some real howlers. Comes out from goal wayyyy too far too often, drops simple catches etc.
He is often amazing, but cost me more pts than he won me.

Cheers mate, and thanks for the heads up about Boruc. Foster is my number one though!

Sow on free!! Brilliant transfers , warning with vermoeleon, he gets injured easily.

Cheers for the heads up on Vermaelen! Sow hasn't scored for me yet, hoping that'll change soon. Making good chances for himself but just cant put them away

Could do with your guys help! Just been offered the Man City job!!!!

Really dont know what to do! What you reckon????

Stick wth Birmingham IMO.
Sooooo many Man City stories about, nice to see a Brum one. Lot more rewarding when you achieve something as well.

Could do with your guys help! Just been offered the Man City job!!!!

Really dont know what to do! What you reckon????

Reject cause with man city it is seriously easy to win everything and the game will get boring. Plus youve got an incredible squad at birmingham and its more challenging and fun!!

some bad news guys. My game crashed :( pretty gutted to be honest! All this hard work for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.