the successor

Reaction score
Chris Houghton resigns as Birmingham City manager
images

The shock news of the departure of Chris Houghton will come as a shock to all Birmingham city fans after him only being there for 4 weeks, Carson Yeung told sky sports news in an interview 'the financial position at the club has changed since the appointment of Mr Houghton, and we cannot afford to pay the wages which comes with appointing such a high quality manager, we apologize to Chris and everyone at the club for the inconvenience and we will now focus on the appointment of a new manager to take the club forward into a new era'

Rookie manager Tom Whitson favorite for blues post
Young unproven manager Tom Whitson has emerged as a shock bookies favorite to take over as manager at Birmingham City at a short price of 2/1, the clubs owners have declined to comment, but would fit the criteria that the Birmingham hierarchy want as he is sure to not cost them much to employ, others in the running include:
Geoff Horsefield- 5/1
Trevor Francis- 10/3
Steve Evans- 20/1

Birmingham appoint Tom as manager
It has emerged today that 25 year old Tom Whitson has been appointed the new manager at Birmingham City, chairman Carson Yeung is said to be delighted at being able to secure the services of such a young talented manager, Tom will be on a two year contract costing the club ?11,000 per week, half of Chris Houghton's previous wages. Birmingham fan Tom is said to be delighted at being able to sign for a club so close to his heart and hopes to lead the blues to future glory.​

Pre-season:
Blues vs Hibernian 5-1
Blues vs Man Utd 1-1
Blues vs Bury 1-0
Blues vs Torquay 2-0
a great Pre-season and I feel that the squad is ready for the new season

New staff addition
Terry Mcdermott- assistant manager
John Owens- Attacking coach
Sean Mcauley- Defending coach
Alex Inglethorpe- Tactics coach
Tosh Farrell- Ball control/Shooting coach
Ray Clemence- Goalkeeping coach
Paul Winsper- Fitness coach
Mark Hulse- fitness coach
Mark Chamberlain- Youth coach
Nick Worth- Physio
Grant Downie- Physio
Alan Miller- Scout
Steve Martin- Scout
Neville Hargreaves- Scout
Dave Fallows- Scout
Jack Chapman- Scout
I have brought in a lot of backroom staff as the people there before were below the standard that i wanted, i have also retained the services of Dave Watson, Ewan Chester and Paul Trollope. they will take a while to get to know the club but it will improve the club as a whole when they have been here a while.

New signings
Nick Powell-?600k- Crewe
Heidar Helguson-?575k- QPR
Tyler Blackett-?24k- Man Utd
Stephen McPhail-?250k- Cardiff
Oguzhan Ozyakup-?0- Arsenal
I'm happy with the players i have been able to bring in as they all can benefit the club in some way or another, McPhail's creativity and ability to pick a pass will surely help the team going forward and Helguson's work rate will please the fans with his attitude.

Players Out
Keith Fahey-?2.1m
Keith was the only departure this summer to pay for the new signings, the only other departures were youngsters going out on loan such as akwasi asante and Jake Jervis.

August

Birmingham 2-2 Millwall- Npower championship
Akwasi Asante, Jordon Mutch
images

Tough game against a good Millwall side who were definitely up for the game, happy to start the season with the draw.
Brighton 2-0 Birmingham- Npower Championship
images

Terry's face says it all, awful, need to improve, the team played like strangers tough Europa league qualifier against PSG too so not expecting much there.
Paris saint-germain 4-1 Birmingham- Europa league
Curtis Davies
Z

Could never really get the ball for long enough to cause PSG any problems, they're a class team though and you cannot take anything away from them
Birmingham 1-0 Paris saint-germain- Europa league
Steven Caldwell
Z

Excellent performance to go out of Europe on, proud of the players attitude as even though the tie was beyond us, they never stopped believing, more performances like that please.
Birmingham 1- 3 Middlesbrough- Npower championship
Chris Burke
9k=
Appalling, didn't look half the team they did against PSG, much work needed
West Ham 7-1 Birmingham- Npower Championship
Adam Rooney
images

dreadful performance, made West ham look like Barcelona, no desire there at all​
Month review
Very poor month, only saw one good performance, the players are going to have to gel a little quicker or we could be in trouble, the only way is up though lads.

Last edited: