Birmingham sign Curtis Davies

adityajain

Reaction score
Birmingham City have signed 24 year old defender Curtis Davies from their fierce rivals Aston Villa for a fee of 1.75 Million pounds which can rise to 2.5 Million.

read on: Dailymail
read on: official site of Birmingham

Last edited:
Just a casual £5.75 Million loss then?

Poor business by Villa, thought he was going to make it, a tad injury prone though. Important signing for Brum however seeing as Scott Dann is out for the rest of the season.

Though it was poor business, its good that they let him go now with Ciaran Clark coming up to the first team

Good signing for Birmingham.

Good signing, good replacement for Scotty.

Massive competition next season, especially with Jiranik showing his class the other night!!

Very Cheap too!! And i knew that Larsson would not be going the other way, whether he does eventually remains to be seen but i knew he would not be swapping allegiances with this deal.

Im more excited with the Skysports reported loan signing of Obafemi Martins TBH! ^^)

Wooo great cheap signing IMO. A good replacement for Dann that will push ridgewell back out to Left back.

I am worried at how this will affect Jiranek mentally tho as he would have thought that with Dann out he would get the chance

Last edited:
Wooo great cheap signing IMO. A good replacement for Dann that will push ridgewell back out to Left back.

I am worried at how this will affect Jiranek mantally tho as he would have thought that with Dann out he would get the chance

I agree, although i think Jiri was told that he was being signed to be a back up to the first team, so may have the mindset of patience already. I presume he will be our leading centre back tomorrow with Johnson having a niggle, so gets a chance to really cement his place and make davies earn a spot.

Larsson has stated he is either signing a new deal or going abroad, whether he sticks to that i don't know but that is what is going round Brum atm.

Purely because no one has showed massive interest in his services.

If i was Big Eck id give him the 25k that he wants and keep him here, he is a good player, and we need a quality squad to keep progressing.
THe lad has been on 7.5k for 3 seasons, playing premier league football in 2 of them, would you be happy with that? i know i wouldn't considering how long he's been here, and been a good servant. Although the Bentley loan apparently has a view to permanent clause.

Just a casual £5.75 Million loss then?

Poor business by Villa, thought he was going to make it, a tad injury prone though. Important signing for Brum however seeing as Scott Dann is out for the rest of the season.

It's not Houllier's fault that Martin O'Neill paid stupid amounts for mediocre British players like Davies and Reo-Coker. He has got them off the wage bill pronto, and that's a good thing.

Davies is a good player at the minute, no more or less. Injury prone, so I think we haven't seen the best of him yet. Ridgewell is a lightweight at CB, so it's good for them that he's come in.

Last edited:
It's not Houllier's fault that Martin O'Neill paid stupid amounts for mediocre British players like Davies and Reo-Coker. He has got them off the wage bill pronto, and that's a good thing.

Davies is a good player at the minute, no more or less. Injury prone, so I think we haven't seen the best of him yet. Ridgewell is a lightweight at CB, so it's good for them that he's come in.

I can say for sure that Davies will not be on high wages at us, Big Eck won't stand for that sort of antics.
Everyone keeps saying he's injury prone but according to him he has had one injury, although long term, and hasn't played for villa for 1 and a half seasons which i think isn't really his fault. He said he hasn't considered himself a villa player for a while.

I agree Ridgewell is not ever allowed back in that position, he is lethal! for the other team :$ Jiranik played very well though, so Davies won't just walk in i wouldn't have thought.

Interesting deal clincher, his best mate is Darren Carter, who apparently never shuts up to him about the Blues ^^)

I can say for sure that Davies will not be on high wages at us, Big Eck won't stand for that sort of antics.
Everyone keeps saying he's injury prone but according to him he has had one injury, although long term, and hasn't played for villa for 1 and a half seasons which i think isn't really his fault. He said he hasn't considered himself a villa player for a while.

I agree Ridgewell is not ever allowed back in that position, he is lethal! for the other team :$ Jiranik played very well though, so Davies won't just walk in i wouldn't have thought.

Interesting deal clincher, his best mate is Darren Carter, who apparently never shuts up to him about the Blues ^^)

I'm sure he won't, but thank goodness he's off our wage bill.

If Curt reckons he's only ever had one injury, he's kidding himself. I make it three major injuries: metatarsal at WBA, ruptured achilles with us and a long term shoulder problem with us. He's probably had a lot more minor injuries too. Still, he was quality with Laursen.