Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Birmingham 'sign Martins on loan'

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Birmingham sign Obafemi Martins on a six-month loan, according to his Russian club Rubin Kazan.

More...

Shelbourne Researcher
Reaction score
I am happy with this and hopefully he can be a good player for us until the end of the season

Reaction score
good signing for them.. along with Bentley, Alex has a decent squad there...

Reaction score
Good deal for them. Zigic and Martins would be good together.

Max

Reaction score
I didn't know he played for Rubin Kazan lol, thought he was still at Wolfsburg.

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
He left Wolfsburg because he could break through Dzeko and Grafite, then they signed Mandzukic and he felt he wouldn't get any other chances so he went to Russia, where apparently he's been suffering from racism (really, I can't believe it either oO))

Good move had Zigic still been there, but the rumours are the big man is going out on loan to Racing Santander before the deadling so they may not get to play together.

Reaction score
I thought that the Rubin board allowed him to move to be closer to his family after just having a child?

Jak

Reaction score
good signing, was wondering what happened to him

Reaction score
What a signing, class player so glad he is back in the PL Birmingham will have a bigger chance in staying up now

Reaction score
He left Wolfsburg because he could break through Dzeko and Grafite, then they signed Mandzukic and he felt he wouldn't get any other chances so he went to Russia, where apparently he's been suffering from racism (really, I can't believe it either oO))

Good move had Zigic still been there, but the rumours are the big man is going out on loan to Racing Santander before the deadling so they may not get to play together.
Why does he never play Zigic though? Every time I've seen him come as a sub he changed the game for them, case in point - West Ham. Martins + Zigic would be great.

≡
Reaction score
He's a great player when he wants to put the effort in, but he's a scorer of amazing goals, not an amazing scorer of goals. Messes up lots of simple chances and has a low work rate a lot of the time. I still love him though :wub:

Reaction score
He doesn't start him (Zigic) because he doesn't battle hard enough, until recently he has looked extremely unfit and can only last a half realistically to be effective during the game.

And many of our fans have been critical of this aspect so he has protected him by not playing him all the time, i agree he has been effective and changed games when he has come on. I think there are certain games he should start, especially at home when we should be picking up 3 points.