Birmingham v Man City

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 2K
Gotta give credit to Birmingham City. Very good result. Got a nice balanced squad now so they'll get some good results in remainder of season

Draw....well not the only big team to draw there. United and so on....still 2 points lost cheaply. Fu** this ****! We are lucky to get the 4th spot then...

Well Berbatovs penalty and Nanis goal against Tottenham, and Nevilles foul against West Brom. Tells you that we are the unlucky team of the 2 (actually 1) manchester teams....

Well done indeed Birmingham, an invaluable point for them. Well fought.

Again...the refree does it again! 2-2,,,,god i hate those refrees who gives free penalty kicks like that. But when you shoot and you block with your hand or something you dont get a penalty.

learn the rules of the game

I know it was clumsy but it was a very soft touch. Seriously..the refrees are so inconsistent. Those kind of goals are cheap goals. And you can't conceed those. Thats life.

And Patrick Viera should retire already...he sucks.

again, learn the rules - it would have been given outside of the box as a direct freekick therefore it should have been given inside the box as a penalty.

vieira is just past his day and has lost his touch - he gave away a lot in this game and its been a while since i saw him play a decent game...

Draw....well not the only big team to draw there. United and so on....still 2 points lost cheaply. Fu** this ****! We are lucky to get the 4th spot then...

Well Berbatovs penalty and Nanis goal against Tottenham, and Nevilles foul against West Brom. Tells you that we are the unlucky team of the 2 (actually 1) manchester teams....
excuses excuses. you were poor in the second half

learn the rules of the game

Well it's not true that every foul that happens outside the box are penalties inside the box. They give alot easier freekicks outside the box. I dont understand why he gave a penalty for that if you watch the earlier fouls/handballs that he didin't whistle in the game.

Anyways, there is nothing you can do about it anymore. Well fought Birmingham and it was Citys own fault for playing Viera.

Now to watch the Real Madrid game ;) To Mike: Im frustrated yes but you get over it overnight...and idc actually if the drew birmingham then..we are still going to finish in the top 4, atleast i would think so. And the title was never for us to take either. So it doesn't matter if we finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th actually.

Last edited:
Well it's not true that every foul that happens outside the box are penalties inside the box. They give alot easier freekicks outside the box. I dont understand why he gave a penalty for that if you watch the earlier fouls/handballs that he didin't whistle in the game.

the rules of the game stipulate that if someone commits an offense thats a direct freekick inside the box then its a penalty - no "if its soft let him off", its all common sense on top of that.

it was definately a penalty though, no doubt about it - id have gave it.

Chelsea now only 2 points behind City with a game in hand :D

Sigh. Yes, we've rode our luck a lot this season. But we also have a never say die attitude, whereas too often City have rolled over too easily at times this season. Wasn't watching the game, but on SSN they were saying that you were struggling to get out of your own half, can't really complain about lack of luck when you're not getting the ball into areas where something "lucky" might happen.

And besides, a point at Birmingham is a very good point. And you still have to play Spurs at home I believe, so you can only blame yourselves for losing 4th if it happens.

Well enjoy trying to beat United :D

look at it this way say we do the double over them (noy saying we will) Chelsea could be right back in it but I cant see this happening personaly but you never know and I just hope :)

look at it this way say we do the double over them (noy saying we will) Chelsea could be right back in it but I cant see this happening personaly but you never know and I just hope :)

Well...it's still a long way to go and both teams are going to drop points thats for sure. Also...Tottenham seems to get closer too. Dont know if they will in the long run....but it's really intresting to see what the table will be like at the end of the season.

City are very one dimensional at the moment. The title is gone but to be fair i don't think any of us really thought it was on. Top 4 is a must though. There is just no plan B right now and plan A is very predictible. I'm not looking forwad to playing United in a couple of games.

City are very one dimensional at the moment. The title is gone but to be fair i don't think any of us really thought it was on. Top 4 is a must though. There is just no plan B right now and plan A is very predictible. I'm not looking forwad to playing United in a couple of games.
you have a tower in dzeko, yet city insist in cutting inside all the time, why not swap flanks every now and then to offer width and cross onto his head. City are in trouble if they play like that against united

Just got home from weirdly another good footballing performance from us. Even weirder, is the fact we now almost expect this good play.

Bentley was again class. The playe we have needed for some time now, a winger that is quick, can beat a man and produce the goods when he's done so. Arguably not man of the match (Jiranek or Zigic in my opinion) but not complaining that he got it. Almost every ball was top notch. Hopefully, this doesn't fade after a few games but so far he has been quality.

Also pretty funny, how Zigic has gone from the man who could do no right, to the man who can do no wrong. I've personally always rated him, but now he works harder, the fans have really warmed to him and proved diagonal balls to the front men don't have to be aimless hoof's. I'd like to see his stats from the game, won pretty much every aerial challenge and won a fair few slide tackles too.

All in all a great performance. We kept the ball well, put good balls in the box and caused a top side serious problems.

Btw, Mancini is such a ******, stone wall penalty, there isn't even an argument of whether it was or wasn't. 100%.

you have a tower in dzeko, yet city insist in cutting inside all the time, why not swap flanks every now and then to offer width and cross onto his head. City are in trouble if they play like that against united

Well you should ask Mancini. And i hate to say this but...you can clearly see that Tevez never passes the ball to Dzeko. Idk why...but Dzeko barely touched the ball yesterday and i dont think he liked to play there.

To me the united game is like a "idc what the result will be" game. I hope we try to win and win or then draw. if we lose...then we are not the only one.

And btw..even Mancini slammed the penalty decision and said that it sohuldn't have been a penalty and we should have also gotten a penalty from all the handaballs they made.

Last edited:
Man City were always inconsistent during this season, they would go on a run and Mancini would say how they can now be called title contenders and then they go out and play like this, doubt they have the motivation to keep their title challenge afloat like Man United have

Just got home from weirdly another good footballing performance from us. Even weirder, is the fact we now almost expect this good play.

Bentley was again class. The playe we have needed for some time now, a winger that is quick, can beat a man and produce the goods when he's done so. Arguably not man of the match (Jiranek or Zigic in my opinion) but not complaining that he got it. Almost every ball was top notch. Hopefully, this doesn't fade after a few games but so far he has been quality.

Also pretty funny, how Zigic has gone from the man who could do no right, to the man who can do no wrong. I've personally always rated him, but now he works harder, the fans have really warmed to him and proved diagonal balls to the front men don't have to be aimless hoof's. I'd like to see his stats from the game, won pretty much every aerial challenge and won a fair few slide tackles too.

All in all a great performance. We kept the ball well, put good balls in the box and caused a top side serious problems.

Btw, Mancini is such a ******, stone wall penalty, there isn't even an argument of whether it was or wasn't. 100%.

Zigic attempted 39 passes, with 26 of those being successful and 13 being misplaced/intercepted. He also successfully intercepted the ball 3 times out of 3, and won 6 out of 16 tackles he attempted.

Since you were curious.

Credit to Guardian Chalkboards.

Zigic attempted 39 passes, with 26 of those being successful and 13 being misplaced/intercepted. He also successfully intercepted the ball 3 times out of 3, and won 6 out of 16 tackles he attempted.

Since you were curious.

Credit to Guardian Chalkboards.

Thanks for that, really interesting to see his game segregated in those terms.
Fantastic performance from Niko then really, he has showed so much aggression in recent games he is a different animal, so pleased we didn't let him go to Racing Santander in the window

Back