Birmingham v Newcastle

definite passback a few mins ago and I wish Joey Barton would STFU to the ref even tho he dived

definite passback a few mins ago and I wish Joey Barton would STFU to the ref even tho he dived

The ball wasn't intentionally played towards the keeper, he was trying to clear it away for a throw-in.

I felt it was still a passback.
We started too slowly and didnt kick the ball for the first 10-15 mins.
Since then I feel we have been the better side. The atmosphere is good and there seems to be quite a few away fans there

Another good assist from Gutierrez, his crossing has improved a lot the last couple of months. Leon Best makes it 2.

My prediction is looking good, I said 2-1, but I'd love to keep a clean sheet. We've improved over the past few weeks!

Anyone got a good, non-veetle stream? My jumpy stream keeps getting worse

Dissappointed with the result but I am still delighted with 7 points from 4 games. I had aimed for 8 but would always have loved 7

Poor performance from near enough the whole team, Mcleish should give the lot of 'em a slap! Newcastle finished where we couldn't, fair play.

Awful attempt from our boys tonight, worst we have played since Wolves away...
didn't look like we wanted it, Newcastle did, simple as that!

You can't come out arrogant in the premier league on the back of two wins expecting to win again from the players part and i think partly Big Eck. The players attitude tonight IMO stunk, big time! Not the typical Birmingham hustle and bustle character whatsoever.

Although we won our last two league games, Craig Gardner has not been at the races for a fair few games now, yet he persists to play him, the game passed him by today as if he wasn't there, Bowyer would have been a welcome addition to the side to provide some fight. Also a mistake i believe from Big Eck tonight playing undoubtedly our best player in David Bentley at left midfield... clueless decision IMO. And the obvious decision for me was to replace Zigic at half time or even before that for Jerome, Newcastle were playing a high line with Martins and Jerome up top they would have had to adapt or would be committing suicide defensively, but hey ho were all different with our management decisions, i just couldn't make sense of the tactics at all tonight.

A few surprises for me tonight were how much Tiote goes down! I thought he was a power house defensive mid he spent more time winging on the floor than standing up...
How quick Enrique is oO) did not realise this...
AND... i would love someone to enlighten me to why Newcastle fans boo their former players, unless both Stephen Carr and Obafemi Martins have done something against you that i do not realise, booing them IMO is a disgrace! The only team i have ever seen do that EVER without a legitimate reason! Although if someone knows why please tell me...

Iv came home tonight RIDICULOUSLY frustrated because IMO we should be beating newcastle with a point as a must, however this is the premier league, and in all fairness Newcastle came with a game plan stuck to it and played well. There's no question who deserved to win.
It really wasn't our day at all from a "luck" point of view, Gardner should have scored, Johnson should have scored, and Zigic should have hit the target, on another day maybe... the ball just didn't bounce for us today, although some say you make your own luck!

On a neutral note, referee = absolutely shocking!!

That will be my 50 pence for now.

Last edited:
A few surprises for me tonight were how much Tiote goes down! I thought he was a power house defensive mid he spent more time winging on the floor than standing up...
How quick Enrique is oO) did not realise this...
AND... i would love someone to enlighten me to why Newcastle fans boo their former players, unless both Stephen Carr and Obafemi Martins have done something against you that i do not realise, booing them IMO is a disgrace! The only team i have ever seen do that EVER without a legitimate reason! Although if someone knows why please tell me...

Can't say I saw Tioté go down much apart from the stamp incident (my stream was terrible and was lucky to see 10 seconds of action at a time in second half). And yeah Enrique is blisteringly fast and very strong, part of what makes him such a great LB since he can always catch up.

We boo when we have reason to boo. Carr was a lazy **** who didn't listen to anyone and just constantly argued with other players instead of putting some effort in. Martins we booed because although at times we loved him, he was mostly ineffective, didn't seem to care that we were on the verge of relegation, didn't step up to even try and prevent it and was one of the first to jump ship (although I'm sure his 80k/w wages meant he was helped out).

Newcastle have outplayed themselves in the PL this year, kudos to them!

Can't say I saw Tioté go down much apart from the stamp incident (my stream was terrible and was lucky to see 10 seconds of action at a time in second half). And yeah Enrique is blisteringly fast and very strong, part of what makes him such a great LB since he can always catch up.

We boo when we have reason to boo. Carr was a lazy **** who didn't listen to anyone and just constantly argued with other players instead of putting some effort in. Martins we booed because although at times we loved him, he was mostly ineffective, didn't seem to care that we were on the verge of relegation, didn't step up to even try and prevent it and was one of the first to jump ship (although I'm sure his 80k/w wages meant he was helped out).

Tiote was on the floor a **** of a lot throughout the game, the reason why i noticed is because i didn't expect it.

Carr = Lazy... are we talking about the same player :O wow im very glad we have the Stephen Carr we have, absolutely legend in a blues shirt, never stops trying, always running until the last minute, gives his absolute all!
The martins thing shocked me a lot, because there's like 10 tributes from your fans for him on youtube saying how much you'll miss him and loved him, so when you booed it was weird to me.

But thanks for clearing it up, i suppose all fans are different.