adonis_p

Reaction score
I am going to do a long term save w/ Birmingham. Just started and I added a few low price loans (D. Appiah & G. Kakuta) and a few young stud transfers (Labayad and V. Kadlec). Hardley spent anything at all and with a few cuts and loans, I am still under salary budget w/ 25 Mil in the transfer budget. I am passed the first transfer window and am winless through 3 games (Aston Villa, Newcastle and Man City).

The team has a lot of depth, but its not the greatest. Its a decent squad that should keep me out of relegation, but not a solid start.

Anybody else playing as Birmingham? Thoughts? Tactics?

Thanks in advance,

I'm playing as blues i signed chris gunter for 3.5m from forest, sold bowyer, o'connor and david murphy.

Played 4-4-2 with balanced, control as the team instructions. Had the passing on short, tempo quick and had zigic mark the keeper on free kicks and corners, he got 26 goals majority from set pieces!

Just finished my first season and finished 3rd

Where do you "mark the keeper" at? I am not allowing many goals. Usually 1 at the most 2 a game. I am, however scoring only 1 or so if lucky. I have Zigic and Kadlec (asst mgr recommended) and have Zigic as Target and Kadlec as poacher.

Who and for what did you sell Bowyer, O'Conner and Murphy too? 1st or 2nd transfer window?

Its on the player instructions advanced part. Jerome got like 15 for me too keeping them out was my main problem. Sold them all in the first window bowyer to everton for 2m, o'connor to wigan for 1.1m and murphy to boro for 1.8m

Still in relegation territory. 18th Place on Nov 1st, 2010. Rumors of being sacked have surfaced. I have asked the ownership to give me more time cuz I am new and they have said yes, they understand and agree. I think job security still says unstable though.

I have 3 players lined up to leave on transfer in Jan. Murphy, O'Connor and Larsson (3.5 mil to Man City). I have David Dun coming in from Blackburn to fill the Advanced Playmaker need and to help get the ball to Zigic, Jerome and Kadlec. Also coming over in Jan window are Junior Stanlisas to replace Larsson (need more speed) and potential wonderkid Vikor Elm of SC Heerenveen. Souts are raving about him. Elm can probably be slotted in right away.

Its defense that is killing me of late. Defense should be solid with Jarinek, Dann and Johnson a decent trio at centerback. Carr and Appiah split at DR and Lidgewell at DL. They have all been playing terrible.

I need somebody who can make a difference back there for not too much. Stop the bleeding ya know...

Oddly enough with all the losing. We are in the Qtr Finals of FA Cup with our next match at Derby and not many strong teams left in the chase.

Also...my squad is all fairly happy. Morale is pretty good which shocks me.

Any more ideas of how to right this ship?

I tried. Somebody already scooped him up and I haven't tried since. He was pretty pricey. Kadlec should be plenty fine. Scouts falling all over themselves for him. :)

There has got to be something I am doing tactic wise.

The thing is I have trained 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1 and 4-4-2 Diamond from beginning of summer. They get better and better and are really familiar with these now in Match Prep. Like I said...Morale good. Just playing awful though...I have even taken BrumBoy's advice above.

Get Fabio Coentrao in for left back, and Maybe try playing with a holding midfielder, to shore things up :)

I have been using a ball winning Midfielder (usually Bowyer or Gardner) but not many options as Ferguson is usually my Advanced Playmaker/Support in Mid Center due to his passing and creativity. I really need a brand new team! :)

I have Dunn coming in in Jan (if I make it that long) and hopefully I can find a solution at the other center mid for defensive help. I have been training at the 4-4-2 Diamond and if I can get to the transfer window, I would like to have maybe try it for a bit. Zigic and Jerome or Kadlec upfront, with Mc Fadden at ML and either Stanlisas or Viktor Elm at MR. Dunn could play AMC (maybe at a Trequista?) and hopefuly can find a good DMC for cheap. It's an idea...

Trying to sign Coentrao in the 1st window for birmingham,the lad doesn't want to come :\.Try Diego Buonatte,chepaer option but is beast in a few seasons

Sell: O'Connor, Murphy, Parnaby, Doyle, Taylor.
Buy: M.Livaja, free (WP permitting, he still plays games for youth even with his global ban)
Dida, free if you can get him
Hasegic, 800k, the Bosnian keeper, he's about the same as Foster but for me plays better
C. Rodriguez, 2.2m, Argentinian LB, Ridgewell is great but he's better and then you can sell Murphy because he's useless.
I. Castro, 1.5m, Mexican RB, Carr will slowly get worse at his age so you can buy him to replace him straight away and sell Carr to Liverpool for profit, or keep them two and sell Parnaby because he's rubbish.
E. Maresca, free DM + CM, Great midfielder if you can get him.
R. Pires, free, decent CM if you can get him, good backup despite his age.
C. Benitez, 1.1m, I know in real life Blues loaned him and tbh bit of a flop, but i think he would work Zigic and cheap anyway so you can replace O'Connor thank god.
J.Faubert, 2.5m?, transfer listed by West Ham and good back up and rivalry for Seb Larsson.
Also, sign David Hamilton as a scout, used him in every game, flawless, hope this helps :D