Bit of a newbie questions to clear up

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to the world of FM (as the questions will show you) any advice for a noob?

1. Training - I ask my coach to deal with all training yet they still call me in to meetings asking to change a training or work on individual training??? Sort it yourself like I said?

2. Wages - When signing a player sometimes the wage budget is lower than it will be for another player to sign?

3. No matter what Formation I pick I cant seem to win a game (I'm Derby County is 2011 and ive managed to sign aurelio at left back, Zanetti for midfield and a top striker but cant win a bloomin game haha.

4. Do I have to set ticket prices, add boards, etc etc?

5. Just seem to do well for a few week then i lose every game and don't know what i'm doing wrong Im normally good at these games but this one is hard, just guessing im missing something, as staff leave etc and it seems like game over

1. When you have the meetings, they're just giving you advice thats all. You can of course ignore it, or 'dismiss advice'. eg. joe bloggs would play better if we put him on this... I think its a good feature.

2. That depends on what they're player status is, eg. Key player, first team, backup, rotation etc. The board will allow you to pay key players more than say backup players.

3. Changing formation and tactics take time. You cant just change them when you feel like it. You need to give it time, let your players get used to new positions, roles etc.

4. No you don't, the board does all of that. Just keep an eye on your budgets, and I also check finances >> club balance.

5. Dont forget players get tired etc.. Im having a big problem with team morale at the moment and im still working out how to fix it. Winning matches is the obvious solution, but thats harder than it sounds. Rotate players etc, check on form, swap around if players aren't performing as you'd like them to.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Jamie thats helped a lot, didn't even think about changing the status of a player I'm thinking of signing to up the budget but makes sense now you've said, just finding it difficult changing to a new management sim after playing a different one for so long so thumbs up for that info.

:D

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

It annoyed me how I was offered a contract with Derby off sustain club with NO TRANSFER BUDGET :( yet if I changed this to 'win the league' I still got no transfer budget) restarted game haha pathetic I know but transfers is a big part of the game and I couldn't sign anyone even on a free as wages where too low 800pw max

Sorry for the off topic...

Is fifa manager a real game?

It works in different ways to this, so it must be.

I reckon your finances are in pretty bad shape to get no transfer budget atall. Had that a few times myself. Just nosey into your finances screen and take a peek. Also, try asking the board for a transfer budget increase :)

I asked the board and they declined there reply was something like 'we can see your point but simply do not have enough money to add more funds to the budget' MORE funds??? I havent got any :D