Bit of an Issue

morgan81

Reaction score
Ive been playing fm2009 for ages now and have only recently considered using the data editor to put yours truely into the game!!!

For some reason, I can get the editor up, i can load the database, i can save the database.....but for some reason, when i go to start a new game the changes ive made havnt changed????

To give you an example all ive done is go to man utd, change antonio bryans name to my name and amend his stats and potential...thats it, but when i load a new game and chose man utd, antonio is still in the game, and Im not!

Any help / advice from my fellow members would be appreciated....

Morgan

You need to save the database under a different name eg Man Utd database.
When you start up FM09 select the database you want to use(this can be done when pressing new game)
Thats how i did it.

thanks for this...i tried that before and saved it as a new file, but then when i went to game it only game me the options of default database, version 9.1 and version 9.2....but no option for mine???

might be a dumb question but is your version of the database in the same place as the official one. When i make a new database, it goes into ......

"my documents/documents/sports interactive/db"

the official one isn't saved here on my system though so you might just be looking in the wrong folder.

yeah your right okio, my new db has been put into the my documents bit....how do i change this so that my new actually picks up the changes ive made???

mine just comes up on its own actually. i assumed when i posted before that there was a drop down thing to change the folder. try just copying your database folder into the same directory as the original.

In your "my documents/documents/sports interactive/db" there will be a folder with the name of your database. copy this folder into the same location as the original an i dont see why it wont work.

If you go into the football manager directory (where the actual game files are), go into "Football Manager 2009/data/db", there should be a folder called "900". This is the original database. paste your NEXT to this "900" folder NOT in it. So you'll have 2 folders. 1 called "900" and 1 called "Morgan Database" (or whatever it is).

Sorry if that last bit sounds like im talking to you as if you're thick. i don't mean to i just dont want someone to overwrite the original database cos of my advice.

don't change anyone name to your own, at the top beside file you can pick "create player/person" just use that and start from sratch that way when you download the face packs you won't have his picture instead of your own pic