Bit of fun. David Pleat

• Thread starter Thread starter Jake
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 4K
A man famed for his compassion, he sensitively noted that the Champions League clash for which Gerard Houllier made his comeback after illness was…

"… not a game for the faint-hearted."

Pleat was recently discussing Liverpool's plight with some fellow pundits on 5Live.

The subject was the reasons behind Hodgson's decision to let £20 million Alberto Aquilani go out on loan to Juventus. Pleat jumped into the conversation with this gem:

''Well I think this is Hodgson trying to move Liverpool away from Benitez's addiction to Spanish players, and attempting to put his own stamp on the team.''

No-one had the balls to correct him and mention Aquilani is in fact, Italian.

Pleat was recently discussing Liverpool's plight with some fellow pundits on 5Live.

The subject was the reasons behind Hodgson's decision to let £20 million Alberto Aquilani go out on loan to Juventus. Pleat jumped into the conversation with this gem:

''Well I think this is Hodgson trying to move Liverpool away from Benitez's addiction to Spanish players, and attempting to put his own stamp on the team.''

No-one had the balls to correct him and mention Aquilani is in fact, Italian.

ahhh bless him. without this little gem i am sure i would not make it through the most boring day of work ever.

David Pleat on Liverpool's bench: "And there is Sammy Lee, another inbred Liverpool man".

Back