bheyes

Reaction score
I bought a new computer for fm15 and it worked great due to the feedback I got from here. I was kinda hoping you could help me buying a new laptop for fm16. Obvs I will use my computer mainly for fm16 but I often find myself at my girlfriends and on the train with nothing to do so a fm16 on the go would be ideal!

We still don't know the requirements for fm16 but i doubt it will be much different to the fm15 one. The laptop will mainly be used for fm just like my computer because I don't use any of these for work based things.

Toshiba laptop
AMD E1-6010 Processor
6Gb RAM
1Tb hard drive
AMD Radeon R2 Graphics

Decent for football manager on the go guys?

I bought a new computer for fm15 and it worked great due to the feedback I got from here. I was kinda hoping you could help me buying a new laptop for fm16. Obvs I will use my computer mainly for fm16 but I often find myself at my girlfriends and on the train with nothing to do so a fm16 on the go would be ideal!

We still don't know the requirements for fm16 but i doubt it will be much different to the fm15 one. The laptop will mainly be used for fm just like my computer because I don't use any of these for work based things.

Toshiba laptop
AMD E1-6010 Processor
6Gb RAM
1Tb hard drive
AMD Radeon R2 Graphics

Decent for football manager on the go guys?

It's not bad, but for laptops, I recommend an Intel processor, even one of the dual core i3's is better for FM then the AMD you have suggested, but it will bump the price up a bit.... How much are wanting to spend??

It's not bad, but for laptops, I recommend an Intel processor, even one of the dual core i3's is better for FM then the AMD you have suggested, but it will bump the price up a bit.... How much are wanting to spend??

thanks for the heads up mate, erm not quite sure on the price because it will probably just be used for FM15/16 when I'm traveling and when I'm at my girlfriends waiting for her to finish work. was just going to get one of Littlewoods and pay monthly so if you have seen any decent ones on there??

thanks for the heads up mate, erm not quite sure on the price because it will probably just be used for FM15/16 when I'm traveling and when I'm at my girlfriends waiting for her to finish work. was just going to get one of Littlewoods and pay monthly so if you have seen any decent ones on there??

Lenovo Z50 Intel® Core™ i7-4510U Processor (2.0-3.1 GHz), 16Gb DDR3L RAM, 1Tb +8Gb SSHD, FHD 15.6 inch Laptop with 4GB NVIDIA GeForce 840M Graphics and Optional Microsoft Office 365 Personal | littlewoods.com

and

Acer E5-571 Intel® Core® i5, 8Gb RAM, 2Tb Hard Drive Storage, 15.6 inch Laptop - Black | littlewoods.com

They would be my recommendations...

I'd need to know more about how you play? Do you load many leagues, how big of a database.
FM is a dynamic game and faster PCs will deliver better performances but there is a diminishing returns rule.

An i3 with 4GB RAM will give you decent performance running 5 leagues but it'd give you shocking performance running 18 leagues.
I'd want to know more about your playing habits before I recommend a laptop since you'll be overspending otherwise.

P.s. if battery life is more important to you than speed (you play away form a mains power supply), AMD is the better option: they typically operate at lower voltages giving better battery life but they can't compete with the clock speeds of an intel.

I'd need to know more about how you play? Do you load many leagues, how big of a database.
FM is a dynamic game and faster PCs will deliver better performances but there is a diminishing returns rule.

An i3 with 4GB RAM will give you decent performance running 5 leagues but it'd give you shocking performance running 18 leagues.
I'd want to know more about your playing habits before I recommend a laptop since you'll be overspending otherwise.

P.s. if battery life is more important to you than speed (you play away form a mains power supply), AMD is the better option: they typically operate at lower voltages giving better battery life but they can't compete with the clock speeds of an intel.

i usually play around 6 nations so about 12 leagues on a large database.

Thanks for the replies guys keep the suggestions coming

i agree the processor may be a bit slow, but with less players you should **** fm :)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Still looking guys, quickly found these 3 which to me look pretty decent just want to know which one i should get? if none are capable of my needs please do say as I'm not a tech wiz. Usually play with about 6/7 nations so about 12 leagues on a large database with about 65,000 players loaded.

[/FONT]

• Intel® Core™ i3 - 4005U processor
  • 8Gb RAM
  • 1Tb (1000Gb) hard drive
  • 15.6 inch HD display (1366 x 768)
  • Stereo speakers with Dolby Advanced Audio
  • 2x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0, HDMI-out and 2-in-1 card reader
  • DVD Super-Multi drive
  • 720p HD webcam
  • Bluetooth® 4.0, INTEL 3160 1X1 AC WIFI, 10/100 LAN
  • Dimensions: 38.4 x 26.5 x 2.5 cm
  • Lenovo G50 laptop
OR

• Intel® Celeron® N2840 processor
  • 15.6 inch HD LED-backlit display (1366 x 768)
  • 8Gb RAM
  • 1Tb (1000Gb) storage
  • Windows 8.1 operating system
  • Webcam with mic
  • DVD-RW optical drive
  • 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
  • 2x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI
  • Weight: 2.5 kg
  • 7 hour battery life
  • Acer E5-511 15.6 inch laptop - Blue
OR
  • 15.6 inch screen (1366 x 768)