Black Hole Pun

Dobcheev

Reaction score
A while ago I posted a whinge about why there should be music threads on the FM forum. At the time I wasn't even aware that there was a sub- forum on this site for music, through my own lack of observation I might add.

In the light of the national team's weedy world cup showing & the state of my club team's fortunes, I formally aknowledge that there IS a world outside of football & FM 10 & apologize for any crass remarks that anyone read in my post.

In my humble opinion the world would be a better place if Soungarden reformed - it would get Chris Cornell back on track & also herald a sort of Grunge/Metal second wave. Anyone agree?

What exactly is 'Grunge/Metal'??
I grew up in a time when people were desperate to pigeonhole themselves into a genre.
You were either Death Metal/Speed Metal/Heavy Metal/Grindcore Metal/Melodic Metal/ Blah Blah Blah metal.

Apologies for my drunken tangent but in all fairness.. I'm sure you like Soundgarden and **** but they didnt exactly change the face of music, did they??
Soundgarden were just another band that would last your 3 or 4 years in college and then the next 'big' thing takes over for the new students.
Bands like Thin Lizzy, Led Zep, The Stones and Maiden are a world apart from your average wankology 'next big thing' like Nirvana and Soundgarden.

Rock is Rock.
It never went away and we don't need some cunty little poser on an obscure music channel to justify it.
If some kids like rap and hate rock??? Let them!!.
Who's ******* business is it anyway??