ChelseaFan112

Reaction score
Hey guys

First of all. Never had a problem with Steam. Have over 30 games and this has never happened.

I go to launch Football Manager 2012. All the sponsors come up etc. Right before the main menu the screen just stays black. I can move my cursor around fine. I press Control+Alt+Delete and see the game is Responding. It hasn't crashed, yet it can't load past this point.

I have tried Re-installing, verifying the cache, de fragmenting the cache, renaming the registryblob file and everything else shown on the help thread from Jake.

Still it is unable to load. Any advice?

Thanks a lot.

Black screen issues MAY be fixed by trying the following:

Navigate to:

Windows XP:
C:\Users\
Vista and Windows 7:
C:\Users\\App Data\Roaming

Once you can see inside those folders delete the Sports Interactive Folder.

If you can’t see those folders you will have to make “Hidden” files viewable.

For Vista and Windows 7:
In a window, go to 'Organize'->'Folder and Search Options'->'View'-> and select 'Show hidden files and folders'.

For XP:
Make sure you are able to see hidden folders:
When in a window, go to 'Tools'->'Folder Options'->'View'-> and make sure 'Show hidden files and folders' is selected.

Also some users have reported getting around the 'Black Screen' issue by creating a new account on their version of Windows and starting the game through this user. We suggest doing so if the above advice does not work for you.

When I try to delete the Sports Interactive folder, each time I launch the game it is recreated and the problem persists, is there a way of permanently deleting the folder? or is it meant to do this and this solution just isn't working for me?