Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1) Create a shortcut to fm.exe.

View attachment 2618

2) Right click on the shortcut and choose Properties.

View attachment 2617

3) In the Target box add --reset_preferences and press OK.

View attachment 2616

4) Double click on the shortcut to run the game and it will reset the FM preferences stored on your game and fix the 'Black Screen' problem.

Ive tried that it comes up with make sure the path name is correct and wont let me continue

Sounds like you're making a typing error. Make sure you haven't deleted or mispalced the "'s by mistake.

nope ive done it again and it still comes up as its not valid and to make sure the path name and that are correct but its correctly spelt

have the same problem and with me the same problem occurs like Greenday1161's I am this close of playing again plzz.. you guys..

KeYnO

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences

Thanks you guys it works...!!! Now i can play again whoehoe..!! Man city here i come..!!

Hmmmm what am i doin wrong this goes in the target box and u put it in after the football manager 2009 bit hmm its gettin annoying never had this problem with the other versions

What exactly is the "Black Screen" ?? .. could some1 explain .

Its when u try and load the game it basically freezes onto a black screen and wont continue anyway my problem looks to be solved thanks guys

nope ive done it again and it still comes up as its not valid and to make sure the path name and that are correct but its correctly spelt

try putting a space between the file path and your window code

is this the right place for when ur at the screen where it says loading in loads of different types on languages, then jus freezes?

if so this isnt working for me

does it matter that ive installed mine through steam?

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

I ****** love you sean!!

Shes back!

thanks! worked when i did a space. the "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe"(SPACE)--reset_preferences

nope this aint working for me can people help me through a pm please i can get the shortcut sayinf fm.exe:(

is there any thing we need to type in the "start in" box or target location??

and plz can someone type wat to type in the target box exacly

so i can copy and paste it

thnx for any help

Wats the best 2 use Steam or the other 1. and is there anythin else i can do 2 make it work bcause wen i install it on not steam the other 1 it ses some errors ecoured and wont let me play if you cn help on All three questions u r a ledge plse Helppppp!!!! Quickly txt back ASAP. Cheers

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

How did u do it cn u explain<br><br>

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

d u need winrar 4 it 2 work?????