BlackBerry Systems Failure

• Thread starter Thread starter Jake
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 2K
I've gone back to calls and texts, thats not a problem, i called more than i used BBM anyway. The loss of email is my major problem. The media has seriously skewed this story to make every BB user into a whingy 16 year old who can't function without BBM. RIM products are still primarily business orientated, so the BBC's stance on this is ******* me off.

I though BBM was a core app that's un-installable?

The quality of BBC reporting has steadily been falling over the years

What did one BlackBerry user say to another?

Nothing................

argghhh.....Poor RIM. !. whilst im staying in Canada, and it makes it worst too :P.

It is quite scary that something like this can impact the world so drastically! it just shows you we rely too much on technology! My gf is a medical rep and she is constantly using her BB Torch for emails, BBM's her friends constantly (to my complete and utter irritation) it pretty much halted the company for the last 2 days!

I do feel that picking up the phone and actually calling someone is pretty simple but it has and does impact society! I would like to know the ramifications of the downed systems and what it cost the world economy as a whole!

I do not own one, never liked them to be fair. I barely even update my FB and dont use Twitter and my phone calls are always short and to the point: eg: "Babe, get home now so I can take you from behind" or "Keen for some Fifa" to a mate etc..

Samsung Galaxy SII user :)

Glad I have a HTC instead of a BB. Never liked them anyways.

Glad i have a Nokia instead of a BB bomb. ;)

Nokia FTW !!! ;P

[h=6]“Once, Chuck Norris had phone ***, it took Blackberry 3 days to recover!”[/h]

I seriously find it funny when people try to fight about their iPhones being better than Blackberry

I mean...how do you compare an over-priced toy with a business smartphone?!

My BB services have now just about returned to normal. Will post details of any refund i can squeeze out of vodafone.

I seriously find it funny when people try to fight about their iPhones being better than Blackberry

I mean...how do you compare an over-priced toy with a business smartphone?!
Easy. An iPhone is way better.

I got the BB Bold 9900 about 2-3 weeks ago and it died yesterday.

At first I thought it just wasn't charged, but it won't turn on whatsoever. Getting it replaced tomorrow.

don't want to get into an argument...but...

iPhone's are over-rated. From my experience anyway, poor interface, power and few benefits. Worse than HTC's, which are much better, but don't have the adored Apple symbol on it.

don't want to get into an argument...but...

iPhone's are over-rated. From my experience anyway, poor interface, power and few benefits. Worse than HTC's, which are much better, but don't have the adored Apple symbol on it.

This isn't a which handset is better discussion thread as i stated in my OP. Yes the iphone is 'cooler' and is certqainly way better in terms of apps and games. However Apple do not offer SECURE business solutions. I need encryption, security and reliability. Other than the past 3 days i have never had a problem with BlackBerrys business services. Asfor reliability, see apples problems with the iphne 4's signal drop, and the recent shambles that is ios5's launch.

Why don't people realise there is no one handset that is king? Different people have differet needs. If apple decide to produce secure enterprise hardware alongside their handsets to offer fully integrated business options then i might stand up and take notice, until then i won't be bothering.

Anyway, i have politely nudged Vodafone by reminding them that o2 have publicly announced there will be some sort of compensation for its BlackBerry users. I think i can knock a few quid off my next bill.

This isn't a which handset is better discussion thread as i stated in my OP. Yes the iphone is 'cooler' and is certqainly way better in terms of apps and games. However Apple do not offer SECURE business solutions. I need encryption, security and reliability. Other than the past 3 days i have never had a problem with BlackBerrys business services. Asfor reliability, see apples problems with the iphne 4's signal drop, and the recent shambles that is ios5's launch.

Why don't people realise there is no one handset that is king? Different people have differet needs. If apple decide to produce secure enterprise hardware alongside their handsets to offer fully integrated business options then i might stand up and take notice, until then i won't be bothering.

Anyway, i have politely nudged Vodafone by reminding them that o2 have publicly announced there will be some sort of compensation for its BlackBerry users. I think i can knock a few quid off my next bill.
I don't know much about Blackberry, but how come it is better for businesssolutions?

I don't know much about Blackberry, but how come it is better for businesssolutions?

It offers secure encryption for email and messaging, apple doesnt, or certainly doesnt to the same level.

RIM provides hardware as well as handsets to make this security possible. This hardware makes integration between handsets out on the road and the mothership back at the office much easier, and much more secure.

The push email service has always been superior to anything else available.

Back