awsm13

Reaction score
After playing most of the season with a 4-1-2-2-1 formation, injuries to key players caused me to shift to a 4-4-1-1. The results improved and the team started to score more and concede less. Here are some screenshots
View attachment 440366View attachment 440365

I planed on playing my two best strikers on together (Rhodes and Eduardo), but due to injuries early on and an eventual 6 month injury Eduardo wasn't an option any more. So I changed from a 442 to a 4-1-2-2-1. Which started out well but eventually we became predictable. So I came up with this 4-4-1-1 formation. Due to injuries to several players, my only real attacking midfield option was Dunn, so I played him in the hole as the Enganche. He played of Rhodes, who started as a Target man but later changed to a Advanced Forward. I'm not a fan of poachers, so even if his stats suited that role more I decided to play him in a role that would put his work rate to good use. He finished the season with 42 goals in the league.

Even when Rhodes got injured the goals didnt dry up. I switched back to my old 4-1-2-2-1 formation but used a false 9 instead of the target man role i usually used. I play either Rochina or Judge in that role, usually judge though because of Rochina's dip in form.

View attachment 440359

(sorry for about the screen shots, they are taken after i got promoted so some players are different. As the young players I used last season are out on loan)

Yes it is. The updates didn't really change much for my formation.

Try it out and tell me what you think

Yes it is. The updates didn't really change much for my formation.

Try it out and tell me what you think

Great!
Anything you change when away from home? Could it be used with any team?

c

Great!
Anything you change when away from home? Could it be used with any team?

c

Not really, I dont really change around the tactics just the player roles.

Yes it is a flexible tactic, I have used it with three teams (Blackburn, Liverpool, and Real Sociedad). But it is important to have two ball winning midfielders in the middle, or at least one BWM and one DLP. Also keep the fullbacks in the support role, they will still push forward and even overlap if the opportunity is there but are more disciplined defensively.