Blackburn Rovers Football Club - The Rovers Return

lufcberg22

Reaction score
View attachment 342675
Blackburn Rovers Football Club - The Rovers Return.
Right since my Leyton Orient save did not decide to load up ive had a few hours looking at a club what i can enjoy building and what club a think has great potential and Blackburn stood out. This is more of a thread where you can read how im getting on, what players are coming through, results, signings etc. Im not the one for loads and loads of detail game after game like some people are... fair play to them they make great stories. Anyway lets crack on.

View attachment 342666

Theres an overview of the history of Blackburn. As we all know they won the EPL which was great times for the club.. but no see them a mid table championship club. They have a great youth academy and youth facilities also have HOYD my fav Phil Cannon which he will be the main man depending on Youth.

View attachment 342659

I have been using the LVG type formation with 2 wing backs. Brought Boyata in from City to provide strength in defence with Henley and Baptiste. Jason Lowe has been out from the start of the season so i wil work him in either RWB or CM but Evans and Cairney have a good partnership in the middle of the park.I struggled to bring in a AM to play behind the front 2 but put Ben Marshall there and hes putting on a decent display. Up Top we have Joshua King/Rudy Gestede and the main man Jordan Rhodes. This man will get the goals for me providing he gets good service. Some EPL Clubs will guarentee to come in for him but im hoping i can achive promotion and keep him otherwise i can see him leaving.

View attachment 342657
View attachment 342656
View attachment 342655
View attachment 342653

So there we have some of my youth products who i have promoted to the 1st team to train and learn off the seniors. all have great potential and im hoping they can learn and become real talents for the club. Hopefully get some good youth intake aswell!.

View attachment 342650

The only transfers i have made this summer. May bring 1 or 2 in janurary depending on injuries etc.

View attachment 342647
Unbeaten in pre-season

View attachment 342645
Through to the 3rd round of the cup

View attachment 342643
Sitting in 7th just ouside the play offs after getting good wins against Cardiff & Norwich. Just got a good 3-0 away win against Rotherham. Jordan Rhodes getting 3!. Hoping to get a good run somewhere along the line and look to hover around the top 6 and push on more. Pretty happy how things are going now.. players starting to work as a team and youth developing well.

Next Update will be January 1st.

Hope you all enjoy it!

what skin are you using mate? wouldn't mind using that one myself

Alavanja 14 mate... you will find it on the skins forum on here

View attachment 341323
Half Season Review

View attachment 341322

So as you can see im sitting in 8th place a point away from the play offs with 1-2 games in hand over the teams and 10 points away from the automatic. Im happy with how the season as going as we all know championship anyone can beat anyone. My away for has been more less better than my home form. Ive dropped a few points at home due to sloppy late goals. Jordan Rhodes who i knew would get the goals has not let me down at all. 18 Goals in the league has put me up there. Hoping for a same 2nd half of the season and realy hoping i can make the play offs at least.

View attachment 341321

Well...... what a performence by the club in the League Cup. Getting all the way through to the semi final only to be dumped out on away goals was gutting. Gettin Everton in the semi final was always going to be hard and after getting beat away 2-0 i thought could be a 4/5-0 on agg. Brought them back to Ewood park and after winning 3-0 they scored to take it to extra time. I could not get the goal but i was proud of the lads for there efforts beating a top 6 prem team 3-1.

View attachment 341316

FA cup saw me draw arch enemies Burnley in derby was was going to be hot headed. Strike partners Rhodes and King got the goals winning me the game and sending the fans home estatic. Good clean sheet aswell. Happy with that and drew West Brom away in the next round for another tricky tie.If this goes anywhere near like the league cup run what a season i cant fault the boys.

View attachment 341315

Only brought 1 player in and that was Atsu from Chelsea. They have high hopes for him and think i needed that player who i can use to change games. Hes with the club until end of the season.

View attachment 341314

Here we have the full squad and what they have done so far. Obvs Rhodes getting the goals but one big factor was Ben Marshall getting 12 goals from midfield. Im playing him in behind fthe front 2. Can see a few premier league clubs coming for him in the summer but hopefully can hold onto the young star.

I got offered a new contract in December which i gladly accepted. The club have not got a good financial record and was in a bit of trouble thats one reason why i havent gone mad on transfers, With having £1m in the bank still. But i have noticed that im getting a good couple of million back of players who have left with clauses. i got £1.3m of man utd for phil jones £800k of norwich for Martin Olson and that has kept me safe. Im hoping someone comes in a buys the club with abit more money so i can spend without worrying.

My youth player are devolping well... will probs send them out on loan next season with them now getting older. So my season is going better than expected and im enjoying it! thats a first! Realy hoping i get a big promotion push though.

Next update will be at the end of the season and hopefully its good news!

View attachment 340185
End Of Season Review - The Premier League Awaits!

Play Off Semi Final Leg 1 (Cardiff)

View attachment 340181

So after finishing 5th in the championship i got drawn again Cardiff City. I knew it wa going to be a tricky game. As you can see i made a fantastic start to the game going 3 -0 up i couldnt belive it.... then i could belive what happened next... they pulled it back to 3-3! i felt sick. i even put a DM in front of the back 3 to tighten things up! I actually thought this is not going to by our season.

Play Off Semi Final Leg 2 (Cardiff)

View attachment 340178

Boom! What a result! After being 3-0 up in the first leg and ended up getting a draw out of the game i thought well what can i do...? I decided to just go keep it tight and ****** a 1-0 win. How wrong was i? Absoloutley demolished them in there own back yard i couldnt believe it! 3-0 up at half time i started getting flashbacks of what happened the last game. Decided to change from control to counter and it worked. went 4-0 up and thought there is no way they are coming back from this! What a result. The Next step..... WEMBLEY!

Championship Play Off Final (Charlton)

View attachment 340177
The Home Of English Football

View attachment 340176

And there we go!! Premier League here we come! Spent about 20 mins looking at my team and seeing were their weekness was. Decided to go with the same team as i couldnt fault the lads for there semi final heroics! Suprised to have played Charlton in the Play off Final. They knocked Norwich out in the semi final which i was suprised about! Just before half time Top league marksman Jordan Rhodes scored a goal to send us into half time with a 1-0 lead. Had plenty of possesion and went 2-0 due to a own goal what i will gladly take!.62nd min Kilgallon headed in from a corner to put Us into the Premier League... Charlton scoring a late goal and also have a player sent off! It was my aim to get blackburn back to the EPL but never thought i would do it this season! What a season!!

Managers Player Of The Season

View attachment 340172

Well this man had alot of pressure on him to get the goals to give us chance in the league for a play off place! What a season Jordan Rhodes had! 38 goals in 58 games in all comps...Some stat! Also jotted in with 18 assist! The Championship top goalscorer with 32! The scot got the creativity he need and he delivered the goals. Hopfully i can keep hold of him! There is deff going to be some interest from top clubs but i hope Jordan can stay and build round him.Still got 4 years on his Contract.

Squad Overview

View attachment 340173

As you may of guessed Rhodes topped the Av rating table but there was players around him who also gave the team a big hand in promotion! Ben Marshall scoring 17 in all comps from midfield was fantastic all season. I call him my young steven gerrard! Experienced keeper Paul Robinson was solid as Keeper, Young starlet Tom Cairney was a good partnership with him and Corry Evans. Christian Atsu the young wonderkid from chelsea who i brought in to play behind the front 2 gave a great account of himself while here. This kid is going places! Will probs make a bid for him next season all depending if Chelsea want to sell him.

Championship Final League Table

View attachment 340171

Well i bet you can guess where the shock is.... Leeds & Fulham both getting relagated!! I thought Fulham would be around the promotion mix to be honest but there is always a shock in football. Watford and Reading both also getting promoted to the EPL automatic.

Youth Intake

View attachment 340170
View attachment 340169

Lawrie Burton - This kid will become England No1 at some point in his football life. Great determination to do well.. will probs keep paul robinson for him to tutor him and help the youngster come along.

Roger Fox - Fox in the box maybe? Another with great determination. Could be the next Jordan Rhodes? Maybe! Hoping Super HOYD Phil Cannon can bring some more in and make these 2 into wonderkids!

Also have Adam Henley who has played alot in my first team being labelled '' the next ashley cole'' Im hoping so.

View attachment 679396
Aim Next Season

*Avoid Relegation/mid table finish
*Sign good youth
*Add some defenders
*Bring through more youth
*Try & win a cup
*Keep hold of my top players

Next Update Will Be After Pre Season (will include Transfers, Pre Season Results, New Contracts & The New EPL Fixture List)

Blackburn Rovers Football Club - The Rovers Return

View attachment 339512
The Rovers... Back In The Big Time

Pre Season

View attachment 339511

An Unbeaten pre season put us underway for our new life in the Premiership. Pre season was all about players getting to know each other an play together as a team. Happy with how it went though.

Transfers

View attachment 339510
Brought Atsu back to Ewood Park as he helped us get to the EPL with some great displays. Decided just to get him on loan but will probs make is fully complete at some time. Great prospect!

View attachment 339509
Made Boyata a permenant signing as he was the rock at the back last season and was a great addition to the team. Got him on a free transfers which was a great deal. Hes always improving and developing.

View attachment 339508
This player was signed by HOYD Phil Cannon. I rate Phil as one of the best HOYD in the game so i let him get on with it if he thinks hes got potential. Ive sent him out on loan to Bradford.

View attachment 339507
Not a Signing but was part of the youth intake. Hes had bids from City & Liverpool around £3-4m but i want to keep him. He will be the next England number 1 at some point.

View attachment 339506
Brought Lewis in from Rangers. Good potential and believe if he gets his head down he can become a excellent players for the club. Might loan him out for the season to get some first team action.

View attachment 339505
More less done deal. Agreed terms with me just waiting for him to sign. Needed some experience in the back line and for £1m i couldnt be more hapy with the deal. A great addition to the team.

View attachment 339504
Next in line was ex liverpool player Rickie Lambert for £500k. Even though hes 32 he still has the stats to score the goals for me and do the goods. He will partner Rhodes upfront and i think them 2 can make a fantastic partnership up top and bring up the goods! Happy.

View attachment 339503
Another youth intake who has big clubs after him. Fox can become a star and ive turned down bids for 2-3m for him. I want to keep my best youth players and make them become stars.

View attachment 339502
This lad IS and WILL be one of the best strikers in the world! Phil Cannon brought this lad in from Coventry for £3.1m . Yes he only 16 but look at him. Def a wonderkid and if he trains hard and puts his head down let me tell you he will be a star and will be worth the small £3.1m i got him for! Watch this space!.

View attachment 339501
Brought Seb in on loan from Sundrland. Needed abit of a player like him for the RWB role and he fits it perfect. Great at set pieces and hoping he can provide assist for Lambert and Rhodes.

View attachment 339500
Bought for £4m (shocking price for a fantastic player) from Cardiff. Caulker is one of the best defenders in the premiership and the championship. He obvs wanted to play in the EPL and accepted my offer turning down Lazio & Leverkusen. He will be big in the defence line.

View attachment 339499
Last but not least.... WilL Hughes. One of the most bought players on FM. Got him for a total of £7. Great English prospect and will rotate him with Atsu behind the front 2. Hoping he can come on and be the next Steven Gerrard.

Players out was most notible Varney, Williamson, Olsson, Aurelio, Payne and a couple more all on free transfers. Still got some deadwood to shift out. Happy with my transfers, Looking to build a young british team as i can. I dont mind if i add a few foreigners.

Hoping for a promising season and the team gels well and the youth players develop nicely.

Will update when i get to January.