Blackburn sign Jones from Schalke

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Blackburn sign US international midfielder Jermaine Jones on a six-month loan deal from Bundesliga club Schalke.

More...

Great signing. He's really good defensively, a great passer of the ball and is capable of chipping in with the odd goal.

Excellent signing. Exactly the kind of midfielder they need too..

I like loan deals but i have no idea who this guy is. Does anyone have any insight into whether he is decent or not?

I know he's american so thats not a good sign for quality...

He will be a good signing for a team like blackburn i guess, but i think they could of perhaps done better??

Great signing. He's really good defensively, a great passer of the ball and is capable of chipping in with the odd goal.

Excellent signing. Exactly the kind of midfielder they need too..

- Sorry I we posted at the same time! thanks for your thoughts and on that recommendation I'm quite excited!

He has a 2nd nationality of German too doesn't he? Good signing though.

Good signing for them, very much in the 'destroyer' defensive midfielder mould although not a position I'd say they were lacking in with N'Zonzi and Jones able to play there too.

Good player. Although I'm not exactly sure why Schalke would have agreed to this unless they where given a decent fee. They are not exactly doing that great ATM.

I like N'zonzi a lot so I am also surprised. I know that Jones prefers to play at centre back which maybe why we have got some more cover? I've really gone off Nelson over the past couple of years, so would like to see Jones cement a place next to Samba now that we have another DMC.

P.Jones is out for the season and N'Zonzi hasn't played due to injury yet. Think JJ and N'Zonzi can play in the middle together.
Also JJ has played for the German full side 3 times before switching allegience to USA (father was American). Schalke are letting him go because he fell out with Felix Magath, the manager, forcing him to play in the reserves.
Excellent signing for Rovers, maybe get him full time if he does well. Who knows?

Never seen him play, but if he's as good as his FM counterpart suggests then this is a good signing.