divadinho

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to Football Manger and I think its a great game but at the moment I'm really struggling to get results and I fear that if I lose my next game to Peterborough that I might get sacked. I have a good squad and I have been using Sean's 4-1-2-2-1 Middlesborough Tactic and I have been having great success.

I was 23rd in the Championship but since I have been using this tactic I have this record: LDWWWD

Now I'm 21st in the league and if I win this match then I might be out of the relegation zone. I played it twice with this tactic but I have been dominated both 4-1 and 3-0 resulting in me losing my job and me having to replay the match by quiting and reloading the save file.

I need some good solid Blackpool tactics which will work in the long term. At the moment I'm creating chances but my players cannot finish them off for toffee! My defenders also keep on getting caught out by the old 'Lump the ball long and pray that one of our extremely quick players can score from it'. Yet when my defenders employ this tactic their full backs outpace my strikers and wingers.

Here is my 1st Team:
GK Adam Bogdan
DC Alex John-Baptiste
DC Peter Clarke
DL Zahiri Zirokov
DR Kieron Lee
DM Christian Dailly
CM Mikele Leigertwood
RM Kieron Dyer
LAM Adam Gow/David Vaughan
CAM Richard Hughes/Dean Shiels
ST Stephen Mcphee/James Beattie

Last edited:
I would buy a striker who can score such as Sebastien Abreu

^ James Beattie is a goalscorer

See if you can loan delfouneso from villa he'd be top quality in the championship

I have just started a game with Blackpool and won 4/4 games so far. I bought in a good striker called Dady for £900k good goalscorer. Also another player who is playing well in my team is aron gunnarsson got him for 2.5m from coventry. I play a 4-3-1-2 formation wich is narrow but works well