Blackpool - Push for Europa League?

RyanAFC

Reaction score
Optimistic eh ;)

Just a general, Who to buy/Free Agents help really?

Only real targets I was thinking of would be Robert Pires on a free and Connor Wickham on Loan?

Help appreciated :)

Try to get Henri Lansbury on loan from Arsenal - He has been fastastic for me.

And of course Vaclav Kadlec from Sparta Prague for £1.2m (but offer massive contract to get him).

Optimistic to say the least.

I wouldn't try and push for Europa league first season. Main goal should be to stay up and then build on that. The longer your team stays in the premier league, the more big players will want to come to you. The more the board will support you with budgets and granting your requests.

But for now try signing , Robert pires as said, also Wiltord is on a free to begin with aswell.

Second season theres tons of class free agents..Few off the top of my head..Delap..Inzaghi..Luis Garcia..Mido.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks guys, Pires and Wiltord making decisions now, Kadlec signed for me over Man Utd!

I've started a Blackpool save now lol :) Couldn't resist been looking for a team for some time.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

I've just found another good signing. Onyewu. CB. 1.7 Million and has 20 throw ins (same as delap) will work well for teams like Blackpool.

Thanks a lot Clarky, Would the Nigerian Goalkeeper be a good signing do you think?

Mahamdou Sidibie? Hes a free transfer at the start. But i'm happy to stick with Gilks. Also Julio Cruz. Ex inter striker just making his descion now with me

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Although If you are looking for a keeper, Brazillian Dida is available on a free.

Wiltord and Kadlec starting up front for me i think, Sidibe possibly and Onyewu thinking it through now.

DeMerit is free as well. Should be able to cut it at Blackpool for at least one season

DeMerit is my star defender at Barnsley, not too sure about a Europa League push with him though

I've got DeMerit, Wiltord and Kadlec. I'm not going for Europa League anymore, gonna make this more of a long term save i think. Within 3 seasons :)

Any other gems i can sign, And also who should I sell?

Jason Eull has gone for 300k

Vincent Enyeama, the Nigerian goalie. He should be around 250k. Sylvinho maybe?

Enzo Maresca and Nashat Akram(free) - CM
Leandro Grimi(listed at very cheap price) - LB
Guillermo Franco and Julio Cruz(free) - ST

I did this with Blackpool a few weeks back. Finished 15th in the first season after scraping just enough wins. I can post you some cheap/free players I signed when I go onto FM tonight if ya want?

Jo from man city on loan get rid of ueuell bring in somebody to work with adam

I myself have just started a game as Blackpool, and in all honesty for a team who have just come into the league they have a decent squad. And I'm confident you could stay up with the current team, I'd say opt for some younger players, and hopefully in 2-3 years they'll have produced into first team players.

If you're wanting to spend, priority would be a GK.

After a quick look, I'd opt for either Roy Carroll, David Ospina, Lars Hirschfeld or Didier Ovono.

All would come to Blackpool, and you should be able to get any with your budget.

Last edited:
Costin Lazar- 925k playin cm in central midfield attack role looking good for me at bolton

i am playing with blackpool still looking for my first league win after 10 games lol i got 3 draws

i play well but cant finish my chances :(

markjones1989....

you should set your tactics so you have a poacher, that way you'll score goals and hopefully therefore win