Honest_Abe

Reaction score
Hi guys I am managing blackpool in the 2010/2011 season and need to sign a defensive midfielder,a centre back,a left back and a good young striker

By the way I have £1.5 million to spend so these players need to be cheap or loans

Last edited:
I started as Blackpool last night and signed Artunes (spl) for £100k transfer listed at roma :p for centre back should look at the 20 year old centre back at West Ham United :) Jordan Spence i think is his name ;) and for young striker id look at Cristian Benitez :) he asks for 30k weekly pay just put it down to around 22 k he accepted it for me ;)

Cheers mate but i can't sign any of these players cause they are all out on loan

Well you dint mention how far into the window you were :/

come on guys i need player suggestions and tactics would be nice!

If you're in your first season, Nathaniel Clyne is a good signing, mainly for the future, but I find him better than Baptiste and the inept Eardley straight away. Good to have a young player in your team who's only going to get better.

In the positions you're after, Peter Masilela is a top LB who I tried to sign, but he turned me down. Not sure what the work permit situation is with him, though. Worth a look.

At CB, keep hold of Cathcart. I signed Guillermo Burdisso after staying up and he was a monster, to the extent that he got poached by a French club after six months.

I don't use a DM, but I've got Jordon Mutch as a CM and he can play there. He's a really consistent player and a top prospect. You've already got super Keith "Gnashers" Southern who does a decent job in there when I use an anchor man.

Up front, Lacina Traore has been immense for me and the aforementioned Christian Benitez is a bargain on a free in the summer. Again though, you've got DJ Campbell who's bagged 23 and 17 in my last two seasons, playing everywhere from RW, LW, ACM and ST. I might be biased as a big Blackpool fan, but there's plenty of talent in the squad.

I also advise you to bring in a decent GK. Alex Smithies and Juan Pablo Carrizo have never let me down (OK Carrizo has occasionally!) And don't miss out on LW Martin Zeman, who's cheap and unstoppable!

Hope this helps.