try a back 3... att wing backs... diamond midfiled n one front man... work from that... would gee u mine but lost it lol

ST
AMC

mid Mid
LWB DM RWB
CB CB CB
Gk

Depends how you want to approach matches. I'd reccomend 2 tactics- One for when playing at home [Especially against smaller PL Sides] and one for when playing away or against top 6 clubs.

The home tactic should be one with 2 strikers, so you can score goals- But also solid at the back, so you don't over-commit yourself. I think the tactic I created, which worked wonders for Everton and a few other people, would help at home- Its a 4-1-3-2 formation, and its primary focus is on passing the ball around and stretching over teams.

For the away tactic probably a 5-4-1 or 4-5-1. Counter attacking football, just suck up the pressure and try and hit them on the break. Of course, any points away from home are a bonus, so I wouldn't worry about this one too much.

Good luck in your quest for survival :)

EDIT- Here's my tactic download link: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=4710

Last edited:
View attachment 163713
cheers mate i'll have a look. At the moment I've played 16 games and am in 16th with 15 points but only 1 point above west ham who are in 18th. There are about 8 teams facing relegation and i think this is gonna be one **** of a relegation battle :)