JamesyB

Reaction score
skysportsbygreenbeardgx5.png

Holloway leaves Blackpool
'Ollie' dismissed from the Seasiders

ian-holloway-blackpool-pic-getty-imgaes-85690649.jpg

Ian Holloway has left Blackpool after a disagreement over a new contract.

It was announced today by Blackpool Football Club that influential manager Ian Holloway has left the club, with immediate effect, over a row about a new contract.

It's being reported that the 47 year old wanted a new extension on his contract after bringing Blackpool up into the Premier League, when many people doubted they would even reach the Championship Play-Off stages last year.

At this time, no successor has been announced, but for the time being Assistant Manager, Steve Thompson has taken control of first team duties.

Sky Bet Analysis
Next Blackpool Manager
Alan Curbishley - 1/6
Dennis Wise - 4/1
Alan Shearer - 7/1
Martin Jol - 16/1
Frank Rijkaard - 20/1
Sven-Goran Eriksson - 30/1

Last edited:
just a heads up - you've written Holloway leaves blackburn in the headline oO)

Oh god! Thank's for that, I was originally going to do a Blackburn story that's why :)

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:59 PM ----------

skysportsbygreenbeardgx5.png

Cantona takes control as Bloomfield Road
Unlikely replacement for Holloway appointed.

eric-cantona-460_1250254c.jpg

Eric Cantona has been appointed the new Manager of Blackpool.

Despite not even being on the radar to take over control at Bloomfield Road, today Blackpool F.C. announced that they had chosen Eric Cantona to take them forward into their first season in top flight football since the 1950's.

As unlikely an appointment it seemed, Blackpool Chairman Karl Oysten seemed up-beat none the less by claiming; "Eric has had 5 years experience as the manager of the French National Beach Soccer team, and the two world's are not so dissimilar. I wish him all the best of luck, and I hope that he can rejuvinate the club just like the previous manager did."

Although, it wasn't just the Blackpool staff feeling up-beat about the appointment. Cantona himself had some choice words to say during the press conference announcing his appointment.

"I arrive here as a replacement for Ian Holloway, who I know guided the club through some of it's most fruitful years as of late, although I am not scared about the task ahead because I believe that with the right determination any team can be changed into a winning, consistent team. As a player, I won numerous trophies... but as a manager, I hope to win more."

The press conference was then concluded, with Cantona stating that he would be making some of his first "major plans" for the club in the upcoming days.

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Website.png

Seasider's Pre-Season Update
The recent activity from Bloomfield Road

With the upcoming Premier League season looming, newly appointed Blackpool manager - Eric Cantona had to make some serious decisions as to who should leave and join the club and how to make his squad prepared for their first season in the top flight for decades. This transfer window was a lot quiet than most for the Seasiders, with Cantona only adding a total of 5 players to the Blackpool squad whilst letting 1 leave.

Transfers.png

Incoming transfers:
Enzo Maresca - Free Transfer
Tony McMahon - £1.9m from Middlebrough
Ousmane Dabo - Free Transfer
Ragner Sigurdsson - £2.8m from IFK Goteborg
Noel Hunt - £1.7m from Reading

Outgoing transfers:
Jason Euell - £300k to Scunthorpe

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-Season Results (so far...)
Blackpool
5 - 2 Blackpool Reserves
Brett Ormerod (2), DJ Campbell, Elliot Grandin & Marlon Harewood

Blackpool 3 - 0 Dunfermline
Enzo Maresca (2) & Craig Cathcart

Northampton 3 - 6 Blackpool
Charlie Adam, Marlon Harewood (3) & Elliot Grandin (2)

Morecambe 0 - 3 Blackpool
DJ Campbell (2) & Charlie Adam