• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says he is to blame for the team's failures this season after a 2-1 loss at Bolton all but ended their title bid.

More...

Dont worry we are sir. I loved the Rafa Benitez we want you to stay chants and the Malcom Glazer we want you to stay chants from last season. Im sure the Arsene Wenger we want you to stay chants will be out soon.

Erm, Arsene, it wasn't just your fault. Some of your players simply didn't stand up at the plate, and like he said, some lack the maturity. Some are just not cut out for such high pressure situations. Buy the players you need, get rid of the ones who aren't cut out for such high pressure games, and beef up the squad with strength too, then you'll be sorted.

Dont worry we are sir. I loved the Rafa Benitez we want you to stay chants and the Malcom Glazer we want you to stay chants from last season. Im sure the Arsene Wenger we want you to stay chants will be out soon.

Well they'd be foolish to start a chant like that, considering how they're an ever-present threat at the top of the Prem, not to mention they took three points off Chelsea this year.

One the new financial rules come in, Arsenal will be one **** of a force.

Well they'd be foolish to start a chant like that, considering how they're an ever-present threat at the top of the Prem, not to mention they took three points off Chelsea this year.

TBF, everyone keeps saying that, but is Wenger actually going to make use of this and spend? Maybe his successor will but that could be a few years away

Well I think financial rules are just talk and nothing more. Ment to scare big spenders.

But will they really?? Like i say clubs will find a way round this new rule without a dout. And just because they are ever present at the top of the league and beat us once this season that dosent mean we cant sing a song about him.

He might finally of realised we need a leader and a more solid defense. IN ARSENE WE TRUST!

But will they really?? Like i say clubs will find a way round this new rule without a dout. And just because they are ever present at the top of the league and beat us once this season that dosent mean we cant sing a song about him.

you keep saying clubs will find a way, but not once have you said how. Platini's rep is on the line with this and he is likely to run for fifa in in the term after next, so he will enforce his for his own reasons

you keep saying clubs will find a way, but not once have you said how. Platini's rep is on the line with this and he is likely to run for fifa in in the term after next, so he will enforce his for his own reasons

I dont know how because im not a well paid accountant lol.

TBF, everyone keeps saying that, but is Wenger actually going to make use of this and spend? Maybe his successor will but that could be a few years away

Guess it's just speculation, but it's a given that he will have the money to spend. Suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

We've been over this. You can't 'find your way around it'.

And I never said you could or couldn't sing a song about him. I just said it'd be really stupid. Which it would be.

I dont know how because im not a well paid accountant lol.

And you don't think UEFA are going to have equally highly paid, skilled accountants? UEFA will make an absolute mockery of themselves and lose any reputation they have if they don't enforce it, to whoever said it's just words. Think about their credibility, if they refuse to enforce one rule, then what's to stop players not going off when shown a red card? It's a well known fact you have to be credible in order for your rules to be followed.

And you don't think UEFA are going to have equally highly paid, skilled accountants? UEFA will make an absolute mockery of themselves and lose any reputation they have if they don't enforce it, to whoever said it's just words. Think about their credibility, if they refuse to enforce one rule, then what's to stop players not going off when shown a red card? It's a well known fact you have to be credible in order for your rules to be followed.

What credability?

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Guess it's just speculation, but it's a given that he will have the money to spend. Suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

We've been over this. You can't 'find your way around it'.

And I never said you could or couldn't sing a song about him. I just said it'd be really stupid. Which it would be.

Well one thing is sponsorship? Chelsea are looking to sell the naming rights to Stamford Bridge, is that not income? Clubs will find a way round this some way or another. I dont think that means spending stupid ammounts but they will find a way to get more cash somehow. Rules are made to be broken.

What credability?

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Well one thing is sponsorship? Chelsea are looking to sell the naming rights to Stamford Bridge, is that not income? Clubs will find a way round this some way or another. I dont think that means spending stupid ammounts but they will find a way to get more cash somehow. Rules are made to be broken.

Sorry to break you to it, that's not breaking the rules. That's adhering to them.

And while they make stupid decisions, they generally enforce rules they implement. Think of it as parenting, if you tell a child they won't have dessert if they don't eat their dinner, and then you give them dessert anyway. What meaning does your threat have the next time you say that to them? None. They'll keep doing it until you actually enforce your threats.

What credability?

that doesnt mean breaking the rules. Lets face it, they will have been thinking down your lines since they started. Getting around it is going to be a lot harder than you think if you actually read some of whats been implemented

This is one mad mad weekend. Maxi Rodriguez hat trick, Joe Cole and Fernando Torres scoring and now Arsene Wenger taking blame? I'm stunned

No one at Arsenal is calling for his Arsenes head, well not true fans anyway. Why would you want to sack Arsenals most successful manager ever? makes no sense to me. Considering Arsenal don't spend half as much as some of the teams around us I'd say hes doing a good job. The fact that we was still in the title race come the end of the season this time round is encouraging to me, I just hope Wenger can win something next year to get everyone off his back. In Arsene we Trust.

No one at Arsenal is calling for his Arsenes head, well not true fans anyway. Why would you want to sack Arsenals most successful manager ever? makes no sense to me. Considering Arsenal don't spend half as much as some of the teams around us I'd say hes doing a good job. The fact that we was still in the title race come the end of the season this time round is encouraging to me, I just hope Wenger can win something next year to get everyone off his back. In Arsene we Trust.

The same things happened every year though, and by the time next years come along, theres still no improvement >_<

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

The same things happened every year though, and by the time next years come along, theres still no improvement >_<

Back