Blame me for failure, says Wenger

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 2K
No sane person, arsenal fan or otherwise, would call for his head, but think we can all agree he needs to tweak his philosophy a bit.... and freaking sign Cahill. Cahill and TV, with Johan and Kos the young back ups

Typical. He is attracting the attention away from his players, as usual. That is a good media trick, although he isn't normally very good in the media with his rants and excuses. Many fans are blaming him though, I don't know why. Ok, it is his team, but he doesn't actually play on the pitch, you know?

No sane person, arsenal fan or otherwise, would call for his head, but think we can all agree he needs to tweak his philosophy a bit.... and freaking sign Cahill. Cahill and TV, with Johan and Kos the young back ups

Still don't get this obsession with Cahill. Yeah, he's good, but not THAT good. I reckon Djourou's better than him anyway.

Still don't get this obsession with Cahill. Yeah, he's good, but not THAT good. I reckon Djourou's better than him anyway.

Have to agree with that. On the basis of this season Djourou is easily better than Cahill.

Well they'd be foolish to start a chant like that, considering how they're an ever-present threat at the top of the Prem, not to mention they took three points off Chelsea this year.

One the new financial rules come in, Arsenal will be one **** of a force.

It's all opinion anyway I guess. Either way I'm still ****** MoN sold him. Never mind, discussion for another day.

Think Kos has done a better job overall than Djourou tbh. JD switches off far too often (see goals today + Spurs - arguably twice + Utd in the FA Cup + Barca slip) - still a very good defender, though & with experience he'll only become better IMO.

I think we now have 3 excellent CBs whereas last year we had Vermaelen (who was good), Gallas (who was so-so, disruptive in the dressing room & injury prone) and then Silvestre and Campbell. With Vermaelen and Szczesny playing, I think we'll concede less goals from set-pieces, too.

Typical. He is attracting the attention away from his players, as usual. That is a good media trick, although he isn't normally very good in the media with his rants and excuses. Many fans are blaming him though, I don't know why. Ok, it is his team, but he doesn't actually play on the pitch, you know?
So we shouldn't blame any managers for anything, unless they're player manager?
Or praise them? Sir Alex Ferguson may have won a lot of trophies but he didn't actually play in any of those pivotal games.

Last edited:

Whaaaaat? When a team do poorly who takes the blame? The manager.. But for some reason when Wenger says "I deserve the blame" you immediately start blaming the players?

Managers should try this more often, there might not be as many sackings next year.. As for the "Many fans are blaming him though, I don't know why. Ok, it is his team, but he doesn't actually play on the pitch, you know?" Are you sure you're a Liverpool fan? I mean, you could have fooled me.

What credability?

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Well one thing is sponsorship? Chelsea are looking to sell the naming rights to Stamford Bridge, is that not income? Clubs will find a way round this some way or another. I dont think that means spending stupid ammounts but they will find a way to get more cash somehow. Rules are made to be broken.

There is a rule for sponsorship too. UEFA are not that stupid. I think this rule will be implemented and Platini's reputation is on the line. In fact whole of UEFA's reputation on the line.

Players/manager should take the blame, both sets do this every year! You think they'd learn from it, coming close most years then falling away late on. But NEXT YEAR'S YOUR YEAR DONT WORRY ¬_¬'

It's partially his fault, but it's the players fault too.

He needs to tweak his philosophy - players need to tweak their mentality at the end of the day. Regardless of a manager's instructions, if you're 1-0 up with 10 mins to go, you don't have to try and find a second goal you can just kill the game off and keep the ball. 1-0 wins and 3-0 wins all lead to 3 points in the end.

That's what the title is decided on - points. Very rarely does anything actually come down to GD.

Its not its fault its the players who dont shoot and bottle it when it comes cup finals march - may

:(

As has been said in this thread, although Wenger has to take some of the blame here for not signing certain players, for being stubborn etc. Players need to take more of the blame, there was nobody on the pitch vs Bolton (And, to be honest, vs Liverpool, vs Sunderland etc.) that took the match by the scruff of the neck. There were so many clear opportunities to just drill the ball at goal in these games and not one had the balls to do it because if the shot didn't pay off, they'd supposedly be at fault. The players' defending from set pieces was also particularly pathetic.

As has been said in this thread, although Wenger has to take some of the blame here for not signing certain players, for being stubborn etc. Players need to take more of the blame, there was nobody on the pitch vs Bolton (And, to be honest, vs Liverpool, vs Sunderland etc.) that took the match by the scruff of the neck. There were so many clear opportunities to just drill the ball at goal in these games and not one had the balls to do it because if the shot didn't pay off, they'd supposedly be at fault. The players' defending from set pieces was also particularly pathetic.

exactly some of the errors that that have been making is schoolboy stuff, and its upto the players to sort it out. I didnt see a single person organising for any f the set pieces, didnt see anyone point and shouting

He's been at the club long enough that every one of their players was either bought by him or brought through the academy by him.
He has to take the majority of the blame for any weakness in the team.

Back