Blatter sparks Qatar gay furore

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 2K

Calum

Reaction score
Fifa president Sepp Blatter says gay fans going to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, where homosexuality is illegal, should "refrain from sexual activity". When asked if he foresaw any cultural problems, Blatter, apparently joking, said: "I'd say they [gay fans] should refrain from any sexual activities."
Then, speaking seriously, he said he was sure there would be no problems.

Have you heard about this today?
What do you think?

Source @ http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9284186.stm

Last edited:
was said in a joking mannor but still a stupid thing to say.

Silly the WC was put in a place were people are still prejudice like this, same with Russia and their racism.

This is an utter disgrace, he should resign immediately... Cough...

Fifa president Sepp Blatter says gay fans going to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, where homosexuality is illegal, should "refrain from sexual activity". When asked if he foresaw any cultural problems, Blatter, apparently joking, said: "I'd say they [gay fans] should refrain from any sexual activities."
Then, speaking seriously, he said he was sure there would be no problems.

Have you heard about this today?
What do you think?

heard about it yesterday :P, what do you expect from him though, at least he's not saying no gays allowed. Although he did word it very poorly and at the time i think he was trying to make a joke.

Being a homosexual, I am disgusted by Blatters comments.

If I want to *** **** my boyfriend on the beach, I will.

It's not like Blatter to put his foot in his mouth....seriously though, after all the **** that's gone on recently regarding fifa I seriously think the writing's on the wall for good ol' sepp. 2022 is gonna be interesting, thousands of white, beer guzzling european football fans flocking to a place that regularly has 40+ degree heat during the summer months, wouldn't suprise me if a fair few dropped dead during the course of the tournement through a combination of dehydration & heat stroke!

It's not like Blatter to put his foot in his mouth....seriously though, after all the **** that's gone on recently regarding fifa I seriously think the writing's on the wall for good ol' sepp. 2022 is gonna be interesting, thousands of white, beer guzzling european football fans flocking to a place that regularly has 40+ degree heat during the summer months, wouldn't suprise me if a fair few dropped dead during the course of the tournement through a combination of dehydration & heat stroke!

they won't be guzzling any beer in Qatar...

Sorry but do you have a source for those quotes?

Look on the bright side, Garth Crooks and Mark Lawrenson probably wont be there now as pundits.

Fifa also haven't looked at a bigger problem then this, i believe im right in saying anyone who is Israelian or has a stamp in their passport saying they have been to Israel wont be allowed in the country. What is they qualify for the tournement??? What happens then??? This could spark a war surely.

Back