Blatter sparks Qatar gay furore

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 2K
Good job they're not hosting the World Male Ballet Championships then ay..

Fifa also haven't looked at a bigger problem then this, i believe im right in saying anyone who is Israelian or has a stamp in their passport saying they have been to Israel wont be allowed in the country. What is they qualify for the tournement??? What happens then??? This could spark a war surely.

I hears somewhere that Isrealies will be allowed in for the tournament, but I'm not 100% sure.

This bloke is a clown, a fool, why doesnt he **** off

Shame. I don't care if it was like joking or seriously, it's a shame to say and/or think that.

He's saying gay people shouldn't do something whilst they're in a place they can be punished for it, makes sense. Everyone needs to calm.

The guy is still a **** though

Fifa also haven't looked at a bigger problem then this, i believe im right in saying anyone who is Israelian or has a stamp in their passport saying they have been to Israel wont be allowed in the country. What is they qualify for the tournement??? What happens then??? This could spark a war surely.

Spark a war? Doubtful.

But Qatar hasn't had diplomatic relations with Israel since the Lebanese Christmas war.

He's saying gay people shouldn't do something whilst they're in a place they can be punished for it, makes sense. Everyone needs to calm.
Saying that is like accepting the rule, the fact that homosexuality is pursued in Qatar.

I get what you mean, that it's kind of a warning, but i insist, to me this is like accepting it.
This laws should be criticized instead of warning people to hide what they are because some other people aren't tolerant enough to accept it.

Saying that is like accepting the rule, the fact that homosexuality is pursued in Qatar.

I get what you mean, that it's kind of a warning, but i insist, to me this is like accepting it.
This laws should be criticized instead of warning people to hide what they are because some other people aren't tolerant enough to accept it.

I see your point, most fair. Still furore is most definitely the wrong word in the title..

and this will be a world cup without chicks like Larissa riquelme ,

Being a homosexual, I am disgusted by Blatters comments.

If I want to *** **** my boyfriend on the beach, I will.

Thought we agreed that the sand might cause problems....? :S

You promise me a nice holiday, some football and romance and then you make a comment like that to impress all your friends.

Not impressed Duncan. :@

(K)

It sucks it's in Qatar for a whole host of reasons, but it is an illegal act (right or wrong) over there. Was he too blunt about it ? Yes. But, what he says has some truth to it. Simply put when in Rome do as the Romans do. I've travelled a lot in my life and far too often I see tourists thinking they are above the law. Or expecting to be held to a different set of laws just because they are not a citizen. It doesn't work that way. Commit a "crime" in their territory and you are subject to their laws and punishments.

Boozing will probably be an issue, drinking in public or outside designated areas will be very hard to control. And I can't remember if female westerners were obliged to wear burqas/headscarf which could be an issue.

This bloke is a clown, a fool, why doesnt he **** off
He'd be taken more serisouly dressed as a clown than he dose now lol

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

It sucks it's in Qatar for a whole host of reasons, but it is an illegal act (right or wrong) over there. Was he too blunt about it ? Yes. But, what he says has some truth to it. Simply put when in Rome do as the Romans do. I've travelled a lot in my life and far too often I see tourists thinking they are above the law. Or expecting to be held to a different set of laws just because they are not a citizen. It doesn't work that way. Commit a "crime" in their territory and you are subject to their laws and punishments.

Boozing will probably be an issue, drinking in public or outside designated areas will be very hard to control. And I can't remember if female westerners were obliged to wear burqas/headscarf which could be an issue.
If they think they are going to be able to cope with all the drunken football fans there lol, they in dream land, there courts will be overflowing and take them six months to clear the back log of cases

He'd be taken more serisouly dressed as a clown than he dose now lol

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

If they think they are going to be able to cope with all the drunken football fans there lol, they in dream land, there courts will be overflowing and take them six months to clear the back log of cases

They do serve alcohol in hotels in Qatar. The problem is going to be when they are drunk and knowing the Arab countries they will just bang them away for six months and then deport them without having a court cases. Dubai became very relaxed as they wanted it to be a tourist destination but they are now cracking down on innapropiate behaviour.

Whenever we go to a country we must respect their own rules and cultures, but I agree that FIFA and the Qatar Government need to reach an agreement over these issues

Whenever we go to a country we must respect their own rules and cultures, but I agree that FIFA and the Qatar Government need to reach an agreement over these issues

No, The world is Universal now... Every country should respect other peoples beliefs/values/ religions and Sexuality regardless of there Country's Main religion/ beliefs/ values and sexuality laws. If they can't do that, they shouldn't hold a major event which is going to attract all sorts of people.

Rules and laws are over universal human rights? I don't think so. It shouldn't, I mean.

No, The world is Universal now... Every country should respect other peoples beliefs/values/ religions and Sexuality regardless of there Country's Main religion/ beliefs/ values and sexuality laws. If they can't do that, they shouldn't hold a major event which is going to attract all sorts of people.

Sodomy was illegal in a **** ton of States in the US until 2003, yet they got the '94 WC.

Back