Bleeding Money

soxley123

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with my finances with Gateshead. Basically for the past season/ season and a half the club has been bleeding money at a constant rate, and nothing I do helps. I hoped that the TV rights and end of season payout would bolster my finances but they havent helped and I'm now 12k in the red. Also, I thought maybe there were some clauses that I was paying monthly installments but I'm not, so can't think of anything.

The trouble is I'm way under wage budget and haven't spent any transfer money to help, but the board don't seem too arsed about the finances, nothings been said about it anyway.

Tried to upload some pics to see if anyone can see anything glaring I've missed or if it's just drips and drabs that''s causing it.

Getting worried that we're going to go into administration because that would totally balls up all my hard work, I'm a ****** legend at that club!

Same happened with me with Fleetwood Town, I ended up going over £180k in the red. But v.slowly starting to turn things around now mainly by:
-cutting down my wage budget
-selling my best player for a massive £12k!
-improved results this season has seen attendances nearly double what they were last year
-getting a parent club (Blackburn for me; the pre-season friendly draws somne money in and they give me a fair wad of cash every year)
-doing pretty decent in the cups, getting a bit of prize money

Probably nothing there that you didn't think of yourself to rectify it, but thats all I can think of and as I said, its slowly turning my finances around.:D

Another tip is to try and get some high profile pre-season friendlies. That should get some income.

I think the game is more true to life nowadays and like all lower league clubs sooner rather than later you have to sell one of your best players to keep afloat and then find a player thats very cheap but as nearly as good as the one you sold.

I'm having trouble with my finances with Gateshead. Basically for the past season/ season and a half the club has been bleeding money at a constant rate, and nothing I do helps. I hoped that the TV rights and end of season payout would bolster my finances but they havent helped and I'm now 12k in the red. Also, I thought maybe there were some clauses that I was paying monthly installments but I'm not, so can't think of anything.

The trouble is I'm way under wage budget and haven't spent any transfer money to help, but the board don't seem too arsed about the finances, nothings been said about it anyway.

Tried to upload some pics to see if anyone can see anything glaring I've missed or if it's just drips and drabs that''s causing it.

Getting worried that we're going to go into administration because that would totally balls up all my hard work, I'm a ****** legend at that club!

mate try arranging friendly s with the reserve teams of some big clubs. as many as you can. works well for small clubs.

Same thing happened to me, as Braintree Town. Stayed in BSS until my third year when I got promotion, I was 200k in the red in BSS but now, halfway through my BSP season I'm somehow 2nd, drawing WBA in the FA Cup, albeit at home but still was a nice 55k gate reciepts, and my debt is only about 90k now. I expect to clear it by the end of the season. I'm pretty sure the club doesn't go completely bankrupt.

I've got some friendlies with some big clubs if you take a look there, man utd and chelsea reserves, but they're always the first team hence the scores!,also tried offloading big players, which unfortunately doesn't work too well as they never want to go and clubs only offer pittance, but i take it if it's a big wage off my books.

My parent club is also Sunderland, who I get some decent players and about 13k per year from, plus the friendly. Totally stuck where the money's going to be honest!