JoeYCFC

Reaction score
I'm new to FM (wtf have i been doing with my life!) but anyway, I dont have a clue what blending is? Certain players are still trying to blend into the team etc, how do I get them to blend in!?
Also, if i create a certain type of training and set it to a high workrate etc, does this make the player better, e.g. a striker gains better finishing?
Please help, Cheers guys x

So you just check the button next to team blend and press continue? :/

Yeah xD. Set it on very high workload until the team blends.

For the training bit mate, High work rate just means like, theyll work very hard on it, but there finishing will only drastically improve if there young mate :)

It will improve fast but they will be very tired and they will get injured more often. Use the training schedules in the stickies for max. speed of reaching potential ability.

Yeah xD. Set it on very high workload until the team blends.

Just to make this clear: The workload has no impact on the special focus areas such as Team Blend, Defensive positioning etc. With this said, if your team is fluid in knowing the actual tactic, there is no need for a high workload at all

Just to make this clear: The workload has no impact on the special focus areas such as Team Blend, Defensive positioning etc. With this said, if your team is fluid in knowing the actual tactic, there is no need for a high workload at all

Thanks for correcting me. I forgot the workload works on the team fluidity. :)

So how do you make a team fluid in knowing the actual tactic? Completely lost haha :(

So how do you make a team fluid in knowing the actual tactic? Completely lost haha :(

In the match preparation screen, there are 2 separate things.

The actual tactic/tactic file

- Here, the workload adjust how much time that is spend on learning the tactic, getting all the players familiar and eventually fluid. The higher the workload, the quicker the team gets fluid with it. Also notice that the higher the workload, the less time the team spends on the training ground, working on raising their stats.

The focus areas
- Here, you can let your team train on special areas the day before match. Defensive positioning, attacking movements,Team Blend etc. It does not matter what workload you use, the team will not get a higher advantage over the opposition in the coming game using a high workload over than if using a low one. If using a special focus area, it will take away some of the time the team spends on learning the actual tactic though.

Also notice that Team Blend is the only focus area that adds up, meaning that if using Team blend during the whole preseason (if playing any friendlies that is, otherwise there is no match preparation to prepare for), the team will have a better understanding amongst each other on the cost of the team knowing your tactical approach. This also means that if spending the preseason ( and playing friendlies) using any other focus area, like Defensive positioning, your team will gain nothing , apart form getting slightly better result if choosing the correct area, but still on the cost of the team knowing your tactical approach.

I tend to setup the preseason like this.

If having a team that is NOT blended ( perhaps many new signings)
- Match Preparation on rather high: Focus area = Team Blend

If having a team that is Blended
- Match Preparation on rather high: Focus area = None

Focus area during the season

- During the season and once the team knows the tactic, I use a lower workload, just enough to let the team stay on fluid and not "drop it". If I feel that I am up against teams that see their chance at set pieces ( like playing home to Blackburn), I focus on Defending set pieces. If I am playing as Blackburn, hoping to ****** a draw or a win away to Liverpool, then I might go attacking set pieces. If facing a team that I know will sit deep and defend against me, perhaps even in a defensive formation, I tend to go for Attacking movements to give me that edge and if I want to sit deep and defend, playing with lost of men behind the ball, then I focus on Defensive positioning

If I don't really feel that any of the tactical focus areas are correct, then I go for Team blend, like when facing a superior team that I know that I am to loose to or if playing against a team that I simply know I will beat

Thanks mate, that was very helpful :)

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Also mate, sorry this is a bit random but, how do I terminate an injured players deal who is on loan to me? E.g. send them back to their club?

Match preparation none and maximum workload, quickest way to get the tactic fluid in all areas.

Sure? I always put workload on high for the end of season cup games, and focus on attacking movement. It's already on fluid but I thought this gives them a short boost. I can sacrifice training for a couple of weeks. It's worked for me in the past.

Sure? I always put workload on high for the end of season cup games, and focus on attacking movement. It's already on fluid but I thought this gives them a short boost.

I can sacrifice training for a couple of weeks. It's worked for me in the past.

I am sure yes. The Reason for it working is probably because of the correct choice of focus area rather then the actual workload.Also consider the effect a reduced stamina and strength training will have at the end of the season, it might be that you inadvertently get your players more rested for the matches

Last edited:
Bit random, and prob in the wrong bit, but could you help me with this mate.. If a target I want has his contract coming to an end, is there anyway I can like 'tap him up' and get him to come to my club? Or do I have to wait to see if he rejects a new deal?

I am bit confused when you say lots of new signings. At the moment I am starting a new season with Arsenal and will `make about 3 new signings. Would that mean that I should set my match preparation to team blend during pre season.

I am bit confused when you say lots of new signings. At the moment I am starting a new season with Arsenal and will `make about 3 new signings. Would that mean that I should set my match preparation to team blend during pre season.

With lots of signings, I meant 6 or more. Also remember that if using an unofficial update for the 2011/2012 season, most teams contain 7 or more of them as the signings of 2010 is not blended either.

With lots of signings, I meant 6 or more. Also remember that if using an unofficial update for the 2011/2012 season, most teams contain 7 or more of them as the signings of 2010 is not blended either.

because I am only going to be signing 3 players would recommend having my match preparation set to max workload and none during pre- season or until the team gets fluid with the tactics.

because I am only going to be signing 3 players would recommend having my match preparation set to max workload and none during pre- season or until the team gets fluid with the tactics.

Your guess is as good as mine but perhaps using Team blend as the season grows nearer ? It also has to do with some hidden playerstats so...