Dweez

Reaction score
I've recently started a game managing Bradford Park Avenue but i am struggling to find a tactic that works well in the lower leagues. Has anyone with lower league experience got any advice please?

There's lot good tactics out there to download, It depends on what style you want play?. Myself I like to try play attacking/control short passing possession football. But if you read other posts/threads on lower league football they suggest to play more direct than play possession football because of calibre player that you would attract are good enough?. If you decide to go down road like me and try to play possession football you will need to be patient with them, but is a long term project!, you will need take on a few losses on away!. I did a full season with Runcorn Linnets in North West Counties Premier Division (Level 9) and won the league and won FA Vase trophy using FMTN Possession Break tactic that I downloaded. Early results were patchy but as the season went on we got better results as learnt the tactic!. Also I didn't get stuffed by anybody during season, lost by odd goal.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. I haven't been doing so bad really but just come through a spell of 4 losses in a row and thought i might need to shake it up a little. Can i download the tactic you mentioned from here? Also, i have a pretty young squad and i am restricted on the amount of coaches, it's quite a challenge starting in the lower leagues! :)

Thanks for the advice. I haven't been doing so bad really but just come through a spell of 4 losses in a row and thought i might need to shake it up a little. Can i download the tactic you mentioned from here? Also, i have a pretty young squad and i am restricted on the amount of coaches, it's quite a challenge starting in the lower leagues! :)
Take look at Mrmuto thread on Football Manager 2013 Tactics & Training called Possession Break is unbeatable? please enter and try help!. Mrmuto has a link to the download for FMTN Possession Break tactic or just type it in internet search, you should find it?.

Take look at Mrmuto thread on Football Manager 2013 Tactics & Training called Possession Break is unbeatable? please enter and try help!. Mrmuto has a link to the download for FMTN Possession Break tactic or just type it in internet search, you should find it?.

Downloaded the tactic...thanks again for your help!

Update...

I have just completed the first season as manager of Blue Square Bet North's Bradford Park Avenue and i am pleased to announce i won the league!! It was a close run thing, coming down to the last game of the season. For the most part i used the tactic 'Mr Langvatn Spin the Wheel 4-5-1 (13.2.1)'. I found this to be the most successful of the tactics i used. At first, the results were a bit hit and miss, but bear with it as i did because i went on a 11 game winning streak which firmly put me in contention for the title. Also, try to get the best coach as possible and a scout with good stats. Who knows how i will fare in the Blue Square Prem. I hope you have success with your lower league team. Let me know.