Blue Square South to Premier League Challenge

Happy 2013 to you all
smile.gif

Presenting the last episode of the conventional season. Its part 14: Football Manager 2013: Part 14 - Season Finale? - YouTube
Matching or besting Boreham Wood's result means we win the league.
If we are unsuccessful then we face the play-offs.
We all hope you enjoy and I hope to continue bringing more episodes in the next week or two.

As I had done in an earlier post, I thought it would be a good idea to do a list summarising all the episodes I have done till now before I begin new recordings over the next week or two. I also thought it would be useful to have a full list in case anyone sees episodes they may have not before that interests them. There is a full playlist available. I hope you find any episode you watch entertaining and informative. So here we go:

Episode 1: Football Manager 2013 - Zero To Hero - YouTube
An intro to the series. I plan to take Dover from the Blue Square South to the Premier League & a game against Farnborough.

Episode 2: Football Manager 2013: Part 2 - Dover vs Bath - YouTube
7 games into the season I face Bath and see if I can continue an unbeaten start to the season.

Episode 3: Football Manager 2013: Part 3 - Dover vs Billericay - YouTube
13 games gone and I've had some games to forget off camera so its time to try and get back on track.

Episode 4: Football Manager 2013: Part 4 - Dover vs Dorchester - YouTube
Straight after my game against Billericay I take on League Leaders Dorchester trying to narrow the gap at the top of the table.

Episode 5: Football Manager 2013: Part 5 - Tactics & Strategies - YouTube
After being requested I go in depth into my tactics and strategies to try and get the best out of my players in challenge mode.

Episode 6: Football Manager 2013: Part 6 - Dover vs Herne Bay - YouTube
I'm back to dive into some cup action all be it the 1st round of the FA Trophy.

Episode 7: Football Manager 2013: Part 7 - December League & Cup Action! - YouTube
An long episode where I fight at the top of the league followed by a cup game to find funds for the January transfer window.

Episode 8: Football Manager 2013: Part 8 - League Action & Transfer Market Prep - YouTube
After being knocked out of the FA Trophy, the League gets full attention. I also look into what areas of the team need help in the Janaury Transfer Market.

Episode 9: Football Manager 2013: Part 9 - January Transfer Summary - YouTube
I bring you an in depth summary to the players I have brought in and who has been let go.

Episode 10: Football Manager 2013: Part 10 - Dover vs Weston-Super-Mare - YouTube
Dover's mental strength to stay at the top begins to be pushed. I also consider how ready Dover is if we were to be promoted.

Episode 11: Football Manager 2013: Part 11 - Dover vs Havant & Waterlooville - YouTube
A draw against Weston-Super-Mare is Dover's only point in 4 games. In their worst run of the season their lead at the top dwindles. Can we recover our form?

Episode 12: Football Manager 2013: Part 12 - Dover vs Chelmsford - YouTube
After the recent crash in form, Dover's 1st place position hangs in the balance. Some off screen improvements are followed by a trip to Chelmsford.

Episode 13: Football Manager 2013: Part 13 - Promotion Push! - YouTube
Dover face and old rival of the season in the form of Dorchester. The right result can confirm promotion to the Blue Square Premier.

Episode 14: Football Manager 2013: Part 14 - Season Finale? - YouTube
The final conventional game of the season against Bromley. Matching or beating Boreham Wood's result will win the league.

I saw this challenge while I was sitting at work yesterday and thought it was a great idea. I decided I'd give it a go so started a game last night with Salisbury City and I must say it's a very addictive challenge. I'm currently at work now so not sure of my stats at the moment but I know I'm currently 2nd in Blue Sq South and have also managed to reach the First Round Proper of the FA Cup where I've been drawn against League Two Accrington at home. I'll keep an eye on this post as I'm very interested to see how other Football Manager fans are getting on. And congratulations to @jhazz99 on gaining promotion to the Blue Sq Premier with Boreham Wood!

Been a while since i posted on here but got Boreham Wood into the Championship now!! i've done this challenge every year for the last few years and this has definitely been the hardest one yet. Got new stadium now and secure finances and just looking for a decent finish in my first season in the championship.

Right then Douglas lets get this started. This is also one of my all time fav ways to play football manager .I started when i played premier manager on my sega and took Peterborough to the prem so now its a personal challenge.
Ive tried with Vauxhall motors this year already but that is very very hard.
Eventually got the sack in my third season. I shall load this up and start again mate. I have weekly saves on and i will post my end of season screenshots on here for - final league position,transfers in and out and any nice milestones that we get along the way.

in my 4th season now with FC Halifax:-

1st season - won blue square north
2nd season - won blue square prem
3rd season - 8th in league two (goal difference cost me play-offs)

going mid-table this season because i just cant stop conceding goals =S

i have been given two bumper lump sums for fa cup victories (275k for beating Tranmere & 325k winning first round this season) but i already have a very good defense

any ideas how i can stop conceding goals - i play 4-4-2 normal?

in my 4th season now with FC Halifax:-

1st season - won blue square north
2nd season - won blue square prem
3rd season - 8th in league two (goal difference cost me play-offs)

going mid-table this season because i just cant stop conceding goals =S

i have been given two bumper lump sums for fa cup victories (275k for beating Tranmere & 325k winning first round this season) but i already have a very good defense

any ideas how i can stop conceding goals - i play 4-4-2 normal?

Maybe get your wingers to come back and support the defence when you dont have the ball that seems to help in bigger teams

i started this a few days ago with FC Halifax in Blue Square North just finished my 4th season:-

1st season - champions of Blue Square North
2nd season - champions of Blue Square Premiership
3rd season - 8th in League Two (goal difference pushed me out of play-offs)
4th season - champions of League Two

the problem is i cant stop conceding goals =S i play a normal 4-4-2 any ideas?

Hey guys my apologies for the extended period away but University will always come first. However now I have some time free I've managed to begin my second season of Football Manager with episode 15: Football Manager 2013: Part 15 - New Beginnings - YouTube

A huge thank you to any of you who found the time to check the vids out over the Christmas period, the interest was overwhelming considering our expectations.

I have taken into account the requests by many to continue the series in the full version so you can see how I tackle every aspect of the game in depth so I am honouring my promotion with Dover and starting in the Blue Square Premier. However as I am starting a new save file, the dates have been reset meaning I have had to continue my mission with a new team. I hope this turns out to be a more positive move so in the long run I can provide more interesting discussions alongside gameplay.

Thank you guys and its great seeing other discussions on here too with people after help
smile.gif

Hey guys my apologies for the extended period away but University will always come first. However now I have some time free I've managed to begin my second season of Football Manager with episode 15: Football Manager 2013: Part 15 - New Beginnings - YouTube

A huge thank you to any of you who found the time to check the vids out over the Christmas period, the interest was overwhelming considering our expectations.

I have taken into account the requests by many to continue the series in the full version so you can see how I tackle every aspect of the game in depth so I am honouring my promotion with Dover and starting in the Blue Square Premier. However as I am starting a new save file, the dates have been reset meaning I have had to continue my mission with a new team. I hope this turns out to be a more positive move so in the long run I can provide more interesting discussions alongside gameplay.

Thank you guys and its great seeing other discussions on here too with people after help
smile.gif

Loving your videos at the moment, be good to see how far you can get, hope you dont mind me posting mine on here aswell?

View attachment 300515

happy with this for my second season, one place above where i was last season, only problem is board decided to improve training facilities without me asking so now my balance is in the red!! Hopefullly push on again next season

View attachment 298544

I'm getting there slowly but surely!! very happy with this though for first season, just ask if anybody wants any other screenshots

Thats awesome. I've managed to also get into the ChampionshipView attachment 301502 This is my first season in the Championship too so pleased with my standing at the moment. My squad hasn't changed much recently, i'm more or less using my League One winning squad View attachment 301504 I'm hoping (although certainly not expecting) i'll get in the play-offs.

View attachment 302126

disapointing not to quite reach the playoffs, wasnt helped by the fact we lost 3 of the last 4 games, but aside from that it was a very good season as it was our highest finish and should provide us with a good platform for next season

View attachment 302322

done it!!! found that striker i was after and that did it for me, just got to try and build a good enough squad for the prem now expecting a very difficult season

View attachment 302862

relatively happy with this all things considered, my striker seems to have made the transition very well!! training and youth facilities being expanded + a stadium expansion

Considering the amount of Posts you've put up jhazz99 have you not thought of starting your own thread?
It seems you have a real interest to post on the FM-BASE and I'm sure viewers are enjoying the images and this way they could focus purely on you.