lfclad

Reaction score
Recently baught FM11, Always been a fan of the games, but i'm not as hardcore as the majority around the FM communities. I tend to get the sack within 3 months lol. Nah, just kidding.

I'm looking to take control over Southport, Being the closest lowest league team to myself, It thought it would be a nice little challenge. I'm not expected to be winning the premier league in so many years time. My plan is just to make sure, I can keep the club above water, win as much as I can, If I get promotion then hopefully I won't be relegated the next. Live each season per season.

I'm looking forward to a lot of ups and downs. Whats football without any disappointment?

I am looking mainly for some advice regarding staff. I haven't properly started yet, I became Southport manager last night, Checked out the team report, Jotted down areas i felt I need to improve with, (most the team to be fair lol). and then I had to go out.

I noticed their was a couple of player/staff roles. One of my youth coaches and also my assistant manager is players. I can see the benefits of this i suppose. All the staff are on P/T contracts.

I could do with some reccomendations on what staff would be a good shout to get. I'm on the 11.2 patch. So if anyone wants to load up southport check out the current staff and suggest improvements, That would be good. I'm not looking for someone to tell me how to play, just advice is always nice!

Cheers for any responses :wub:.

Good choice with Southport! They were my first LLM team when I played FM2010. I have many fond memories of taking them to league 1.

Now, you're asking about staff. Make sure the staff you get has DDM (Determination, Discipline, Motivation) of at least 10 if possible since that will make their other stats grow as well, albeit how fast depends on the guy. Personally, I'd get rid of my *** man and get one with high judge actual/potential abilities because they can find excellent frees and really see who in your team is not going to make it.

In FM2010, after getting a really good *** man, I noticed a good part of my team was well below 2 stars and the youth/reserves were terrible as well. Thanks to that, I sold them off, got a tidy profit and got lots of frees while keeping my finances healthy. You may want to try this in FM11.

Also scouts: I select the ones with high ADD (Adaptability, Determination, Discipline) and a minimum of 10/10 for JP/JA. Kieran Scarff is a good choice.

For money: do loads of pre-season friendlies with premier league reserve teams. You'll get at least $70k per game, and after 8 games that's half a million! Personally, I try to do one game after another and usually hit about a million before the season starts. I give them a good 1 1/2 - 2 weeks rest before preseason ends. Also during the season try to do at least two friendlies with prem league reserves every month to boost your finances. I heard you can ship your reserves to play in distant countries to load up on cash as well, but this did not go well for me.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Thanks!
I replaced my player/staff. Their playing stats wasnt the greatest either. I put a advert in for a first team coach and got a decent application. Cant remember his name. Got a new *** and a scout. And board wont allow no more. So that will do for now.

Signed a number of promising players. I beat west ham reserves 4-2. Got beat only 1-0 by villa but felt we outplayed them at times. Signed the england trialist goalkeeper. My *** puts him ahead of my current keeper. So im quite happy so far. Not started the season yet. But i'm quite confident of the results ive had. I'll upload screenshot later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk