Blues back in for Babel

BeadSTARR

Reaction score
According to Sky Sports Birmingham City are back in for Ryan Babel of Liverpool.

Skysports.com understands Birmingham are ready to rekindle their interest in Liverpool's Ryan Babel.

Birmingham tried to sign Babel during the January transfer window, but failed to agree a deal with Liverpool.

Blues boss Alex McLeish is thought to be a big admirer of the Dutchman and is ready to revive his attempts to lure him to St Andrews.

McLeish has been frustrated in his attempts to sign Wigan winger Charles N'Zogbia and could now turn his attentions to Babel to fill the left-sided midfield role.

Babel's future at Liverpool looks uncertain with the 23-year-old failing to live up to expectations at Anfield.

Liverpool could be tempted to cash in on Babel to help raise funds for potential new signings for whoever becomes the club's new manager

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11694_6218018,00.html

Personally I hope this signing goes through. When full of confidence, this player is class. Hopefully Mcleish can ressurect his career as he has done for Lee Bowyer, Barry Ferguson and Stephen Carr.

Thoughts?

his to awful for liverpool. could maybe push on at brum so if i was him i would move.

Less pressure from playing for Brum and being a big star for the team (rather than a squad player) might help Babel reach something approaching the bare minimum his talent should be at. Hope Birmingham are planning on valuing him correctly this time though - for all his failings, he's still one of the best young talents of his age group.

Someone I wouldn't mind to see go to be honest. Decent player with potential but he has the wrong attitude and I am sure we can get decent money for him.

He could be a good asset for Birmingham,seeing as how McFadden's inconsistency can frustrate sometimes,Babel has the pace,skill and sometimes flashes of creativity to power Birmingham into European football,alongside some other signings.

He could be a good asset for Birmingham,seeing as how McFadden's inconsistency can frustrate sometimes,Babel has the pace,skill and sometimes flashes of creativity to power Birmingham into European football,alongside some other signings.

Totally agree with that. Although I think most Blue noses would agree that Europe is still a fair bit away. Not that I wouldnt mind ofcourse. ;) I think there was to much expectation at Liverpool for him to shine. Look at Forlan for example. To much pressure at Old Trafford, moved on to Spain, and the rest is history. Hopefully Foster and Babel can both come tops for Blues this season.