ShireSpartan

Reaction score
Hey, first post here so sorry if its in the wrong section.

In my third season with blyth now, first season got promoted, kept well under my wage allowance, second season avoided relegation finishing 17th in BSP, over the two seasons went from +250k to -180k.

As im looking to build the club for the future I need dolla to increase youth+training facilities etc but it aint gonna happen with 400 supporters.

Any tips you lot have to offer?

As an experiment I started again released everyone bar a starting 11 and got 3 long term loans in for coverage etc and my money still went down the drain. This is with some fa trophy/cup success.

You could arrange friendlies against top teams. Your team morale will suffer though.

As DonVilla said, that's about the best way to get money.

If you have enough players for an impromtu reserve squad, I would recommend arranging a few cups or leagues, chose a combination of teams that will give you the most gate receipts, and play a line-up of non-starters to keep the morale of your key players up.

Depending on your schedule, you can also splice in a few mid-season friendlies against high-profile teams.

Off course, look for a parent club as well. You will get a few good players on free loans and yearly fee paid that is quite substantial at low levels.

off course, you can always try to drag the club completely into negative numbers and hope for a take-over, but it's more than risky as it might cause administration or even you getting fired....

Yeah I noticed the pre game friendly tip a while back, I have 16 players total in my sq trying to keep wages to a minimum but I guess I fielding a youth team would work, as for a parent club when ever I request one the board 'see no reason' to create a link with another club which is kinda annoying. Also I got all time low support alot in BSN in games despite the fact I was in a playoff slot enjoying a winning streak playing well above expectations etc..

Edit: nm I know why, already linked with a team, just such a bad link, no payment and no wage guarantee. Assumed it was just a link for a friendly invitation or summat, doh ;>

Edit2: nope still wont find me one, cant even loan championship reserve players listed for loan, they just reject me.

Last edited:
Doing a Thurrock (similar reputation/attendance team) game and I've gotten them from BSS to L1. What I do - schedule 2 preseason cups/leagues early in the preseason with EPL/SPL and Championship sides you should be able to get 150K per cup at least. Schedule friendlies against foriegn teams away as usually some of the smaller foreign teams will pay good $ and you have 0 matchday expenses if you can't get premiership teams to come. A few paid around 10K. I play everyone in the preseason starting 11 gets second half and reserves/u18's get 1st half so there's no complaints about fatigue etc. I usually do about 8-10 preseason friendlies. Then throughout the season I schedule friendlies against the reserve squads of premiership squads at home. Most pay around 10k. I try for 3 a month. I play my u18's and reserves here. I usually earn a profit at the end of the season arounf 500-750K. Also I don't enter a squad in the u18's or reserves competition (they cost money and don't earn anything.) because I send out regularly to get their **** kicked against the EPL reserves so they stay match fit. My U18's are shithouse anyway so I don't really care about their morale .

Did Gael Kakuta/Fraser Franks reject your loan offer? They signed for me. Marko Mitrovic/Kaby accepted my loan offers when I got in BSP.

I also try to win the FA trophy instead of a FA cup run. You aim for both but i like the FA trophy as it's easier to win, get's you some silverware, improves your reputation and i got a nice boost in attendance.

Last edited:
Cheers, ill give them loan players a try just currently playing through my second lot of 6 to 8 - 0 whoopings for my youth team from premiership+ch sides, fun ;)

Ill pick a few low rep teams to steam roll to get my propper squad fit before the season starts.